DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   d.c film production (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/26310-d-c-film-production.html)

Anthony Faust May 20th, 2004 10:20 PM

d.c film production

Hey everyone,

My name is Anthony Faust and I am a film producer in the Washington D.C area. Just wanted to introduce myself to other people in the field. I'm producing a short this summer and I'm looking for crew members.

Check out my latest short, Hunter's Quandary", at my website.

http://www.anthonyfaust.com/hq/view_film.html

Look forward to hearing from you,

Anthony Faust

Daniel Stone June 16th, 2004 11:20 PM

Gotta love DC!

Hey! I'm a film maker in DC, too! We're getting ready to shoot a romantic comedy here and one of the locations is on the mall by the capitol building. We're going all out with the Mini35, dollies, cranes and 25 actors. Can you believe we're trying it all without permits?

If you still need a crew, I'd love to sit in some time. I love watching how other people work their magic.

Give me a shout -
Dan

dhack@hackstone.com

Nancy Scott June 24th, 2004 05:02 PM

Hey Daniel,

We also produce films in the D.C. area and we've managed to make a few valuable collaborative connections from this board.

So how did the shoot go? Did you get hassled for not having permits? Do tell!

Reid Bailey July 28th, 2004 12:38 PM

I'm just down the road in Fredericksburg and work in Rosslyn.

Just checking in and glad to see theres lots going on in the area.

I'll be available for crew stuff in the fall.

Joe Carney July 28th, 2004 02:05 PM

I work in Rosslyn, where in Rosslyn are you?

Nick Vizzone July 29th, 2004 02:37 PM

Its getting crowded in here. I live in Fredericksburg and work in Crystal City. Don't know how helpful I'd be on a crew but I'd sure be interested. So Daniel, how did the shooting go?

Reid Bailey July 30th, 2004 01:23 PM

Nick,
Do you VRE in?

Anyway, I met up with Joe for lunch. I've got several shorts on the slate for the FBg area for fall/winter. I'll let you know, I'd love to have you on board.

I think we can assemble enough people/ideas to be doing stuff on a semi-regular basis.

feel free to email me: reidwriter@yahoo.com

Carl Johnson August 1st, 2004 12:00 PM

Guys,

I live in the neighborhood and I am preping a film for this fall. I need help with crew. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Daniel Stone August 1st, 2004 05:39 PM

Went well!

Hey! Nick: the shoot went well. The only real problem we had was crowd. People see a camera, lights and a crew and they're attracted like bugs to the glow of a bug zapper.

We cut the number of actors down to 15 (so 12 showed up) and had a crew of about 10, so it was easy to just 'get in' and 'get out' before the cavalry came to check permits. Every single detail was planned out and executed with surgical precision ... it was a beautiful thing!

Nick Vizzone August 3rd, 2004 07:53 AM

Reid, no VRE, I take a commuter bus. I'd be interested in helping, though my schedule gets crazy from time to time. Email me at pimguy@yahoo.com.

Daniel, sounds like you pulled it off. I'm just amazed that you can do that sort of thing without a trip to the pokey, considering the area's focus on security. Way to go.

Ben Aein August 30th, 2004 08:53 AM

Hey all I am in Potomac! I am writing a Horror film as we speak that will hopefully start production a year from now.

Barry Schmetter September 2nd, 2004 01:14 PM

Hey DC metro filmmakers,

I'm located in Gaithersburg, and would love to collaborate with some of you for future projects. Right now I have a music video shoot planned for Fri. Oct. 22nd and Sat. Oct 23rd and am looking for crew (see my ad in the Helping Hands Forum). My main interest is in shorts, docs, and experimental work and I'm willing to work on local projects. Email me at xtol7@yahoo.com if you can help out on the music video, want to collaborate, or are looking for me to crew (DP, mixer/boom op, grip, whatever).

Barry

John Lee September 28th, 2004 07:59 PM

Hi all,

Just thought I would drop into the conversation too. I'm looking to meet more people in the area who are into film/video. I work as an editor in Silver Spring, just outside the city.

Drop me a line anytime at dvjohn@thepowergroup.net if you are looking for help with a crew. I'm free every now and then on the weekend. And I have some (meager) equipment...

Patrick Jenkins September 30th, 2004 12:36 PM

Hello all!

I'm also in the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis area and I'm interested in getting involved with some local projects (crew). I currently work for a public school system and I'm responsible for all of the in-house video ranging from production to broadcast on our local cable TV channel, etc.

Carl Johnson: email me, you've got your profile setup so there's no way anyone can contact you.

Bryan Esposito October 2nd, 2004 07:12 PM

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I live in Northern Virginia...Great Falls to be exact. Unfortunately, I do not have much experience working on films of any type. The purpose of this message is to let you know that if you ever need someone to just help you carry equipment or anything, I would be extremely happy to. I would like to gain some experience on set, seeing how things work, and watching yourself and others work. Even if you don't need any help, I would be honored to come out to any shoot that you do to just watch and learn (staying out of the way of course).

Thanks,
Bryan Esposito

bryanesposito@gmail.com