DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello from North Carolina (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/2733-hello-north-carolina.html)

Service-minded July 18th, 2002 08:17 AM

Hello from North Carolina

Dear All,
My name is Gabriel Salley and I am an aspiring multi-media man. I am using equipment like Avid, Betacam, Protools, and macintosh to accomplish this end. I love meeting people who already have a good bit of experience in this field or with the above equipment. I need to learn all that I can! :) Also, just enjoy making new acquaintances, especially when we have common interests, like multi-media. Look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is gsalley@ufhg.org.

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell July 18th, 2002 08:24 AM

Hello Gabriel:

Always good to hear from a fellow North Carolinian. I'm from the Raleigh/Durham area; I go to school at NC State University. However, my home is in the Triad (the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area). What part of the North Carolina are you from? Make sure you hollar if you ever need anything.

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell

Service-minded July 18th, 2002 09:38 PM

Hey Kyle,
Great to get such a quick response. Here are some more details about me and my work. I'm living in Winston-Salem and going to a school called the University for the Study of Human Goodness. You can check it out at ufhg.org. It's really a cool organization. In fact, the school is the one who is supplying me with all the Multimedia equipment. So I'm really having a blast.
So what are you studying in school right now? How old are you? I'm 24. It's pretty darn late now, so I'm gonna get to bed. I look forward to hearing more about you. Especially what your interest is in the world of MultiMedia.

K. Forman July 19th, 2002 06:10 AM

I'll be driving right through y'alls backyard this weekend, on the way to New York. I wish I had the time to stop, but I'll be in a mad dash to get home in time for work Monday.
Keith

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell July 19th, 2002 07:43 AM

Hello Gabriel:

I live in Kernersville to be exact. I'm going to school at NC State getting a degree in Mediated Communication, I plan on going to go to law school in 2003. Its my dream anyways. I graduate in December. I'm 20 years old, rocking and rolling everyday . . . well besides the days I work. I've never heard of your organization, but it sounds cool! What interests me in the multimedia world are a lot of things. For my honors research paper for my University I was focusing on how the Digital Cinema revolution relates to the Film industry. However, I dropped that topic for Risk Communication in news. My paper is to focus on scandals in the news and how American people are at risk at scandal reporting . . . what excites me is how things are really cooking up with the corporate scandals going on. Great stuff for me and my paper. But bad stuff for people. I'd trade me having a crappy paper for us to have a more honest, less scandalous corporate system. Anyways, my other intrest in the multimedia world is making narrative movies. I've made a couple shorts and a featurette in the past and now am planning on doing another. Its the greatest hobby in the world.

Hello Keith:

Man, too bad you can't stop by. You could make fun of my set-up! Haha. Anyways, what part of Florida are you from, I've got close family in the Tampa/Odessa area. I think I remember you saying you're from Central Florida in another post, I could be mistaken. Next time you're in the area, give a shout. Oh yeah, by the way, how did that 4th of July shoot go with the bands and everything?

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell

K. Forman July 19th, 2002 08:17 AM

Hey Doc,
I'm on the east coast, Palm Bay to be exact. As far as making fun of your setup, I would never ( Unless it was a Mac), because I have worked with far worse.
The shoot on the 3rd of July was a nightmare. You can read about it in the post- The event from hell.
Gotta get on the road-see yall!
Keith

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell July 19th, 2002 08:29 AM

Hello Keith:

Can't find it . . . perhaps it was accidentally earased in the Crash of 2002. Oh well. Judging by the title, I can pretty much deduce what happened. Man, sorry dude!

Regards,

Kyle "Doc" Mitchell

Chris Hurd July 19th, 2002 11:46 PM

Unfortunately Keith's thread about his wild-n-wooly shoot at Patrick Air Force Base was indeed vaporized when the shack burned down last week.

Feel free to re-post it, Keith, maybe we can hang on to it a little longer this time.

Jay Thompson July 24th, 2002 07:00 AM

Hello neighbors!

Hi there everyone!

I am in Gibsonville NC and have just aquired a XL1s (yesterday in fact) after about 2 years of research. Of couse Chris Hurd's site and this board were tremendously helpful! (*thanks Chris)

I am working on a documentary right now. I hope to meet some of you guys sometime.

Thanks!

Jason

Marcus Farrar July 30th, 2002 06:48 AM

Greetings

from Raleigh NC

I went to school in Winston-Salem. Never heard of your organization but as stated it sound cool. You should also check out the School of the Arts in W-S. They have an excellent film program. Might be fun just to tour if you get a chance.

Marcus

Allen Massey January 2nd, 2003 10:33 PM

Howdy Neighbors

Just thought I'd say Hi to my fellow Carolinians. I just posted my Intro post and was scrolling through. Say Hi if you visit Nags Head.

Courtney Pruette January 16th, 2003 11:31 AM

Hi there,
I'm in Charlotte. Not doing much in the form on videography but would like to do some events pretty soon or maybe some sort of artistic piece. At any rate, just wanted to yell out at all the other nc'ers.

Court