DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Just wanted to introduce myself (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/29275-just-wanted-introduce-myself.html)

Justin Sammarco July 19th, 2004 01:02 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

I stumbled across this site looking for the HD 24p and decided to check it out and I suppose I'm here to stay now :)

A little about me:

I'm 25 years old and have been producing and directing films for about 8 years now. I attended NYU for my first two years of film school. I was offered a job with Miramax and lost part of my scholarship that allowed me to attend NYU. Long story short, I had to leave NYC and back to Buffalo NY. I was 19 and frustrated with life and the hand I was just given. I decided to take some time off of school (this part was inspired by Rodriguez and Kevin Smith) and start producing films on my own. I was successful for the most part, but the motivation was hard to find as I didn't get the support I needed from my community.

Back to school I went. I studied at the University at Buffalo for Film Production (you can only imagine). I actually taught the prof's more than they taught me, and not to sound cocky either. Since then I started to expand on my own. I put together some projects on my own and had met some very very talented people along the way. Things are really looking up as of late.

Currently, myself and two other partners have set up "Filmboy Pictures" in this past january. We have done several local business commercials along with 2 infomericals. On the narrative side, we've done 2 short films (before the actual forming of Filmboy) "From Existence" and "Banshee" Both were done digitally and edited on Premier...nothing special. All of our production money that we get from doing advertising goes rigth into our budget for future films. We currently have a dolly, crane, 2 cameras XL1 and VX2K with now a G 5 for Avid and Final Cut pro, a glidecam and more than enough lighting and rigs than we need for 2 productions let along 1.

there is a lot more that I'm leaving out but you get the jist.

My intent is to produce films that will be seen. I want what most of you want, just to get out there and tell stories taht may never be told if we don't do it.

I'm here to learn and to help as much as I can.

BTW, I hope that all made sense, I'm going back and forth from this and work...

but g'luck to everyone out there!

Rob Lohman August 1st, 2004 11:06 AM

Welcome aboard Justing! It is good to have you with us. Sounds
like you are on the right path with a nice set of gear etc. Good
luck with your future projects!

Boyd Ostroff August 1st, 2004 12:14 PM

Hey Justin - welcome! You've got some solid accomplishments under your belt already at the age of 25. Keep up the good work and I'll look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Jesse Bekas August 2nd, 2004 11:41 AM

Hey Justin, it's always nice to see new people on the boards. I live in Northern New Jersey, about 10 minutes (without traffic) to NYC. I'm trying to get some experience behind me because I'm graduating soon, so If you ever come back down here for a production and need a hand, I'd be glad to help out.

Justin Sammarco August 5th, 2004 08:16 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Jesse Bekas : Hey Justin, it's always nice to see new people on the boards. I live in Northern New Jersey, about 10 minutes (without traffic) to NYC. I'm trying to get some experience behind me because I'm graduating soon, so If you ever come back down here for a production and need a hand, I'd be glad to help out. -->>>

Jesse, thank you for the nice welcome.

I had read your response for working on our production. I don't know if you knew that we are shooting in western NY...more near Buffalo than the city.

I am all for havig people come to help us out, however I don't know if it would be feasible for you to make that journey for just a few days (2).