DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Anyone from Orlando, Florida? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/34035-anyone-orlando-florida.html)

Rob Talley February 20th, 2003 07:32 AM

A hello from Orlando, FL

Hello,

By day I'm a data networking engineering manager. I've had a deep interest in video for many years and have dabbled for too long. Last year I began to take things a bit more serious and started building up my capabilities. During that research I was pointed to this forum and have been hanging out absorbing ever since.
Finally worked up the courage to say hello.

I really enjoy capturing simple experiences from all of the various waterfronts we have available in the state and just documenting them via digital still and dv-video. I recently finished an archival project of stock family stuff and ageing vhs footage to DVD. Also converting footage from my older analog HI-8 to DV and now working with my newer DV footage.

In the short time I've been hagin' out as a guest, then a registered user, I have learned so much from these forums. I look at older footage from just 6-months ago and it's obvious my technique is improving somewhat. Well, at least now you can watch it without getting seasick or fall asleep.

Currently I'm using the following tools:
Olympus C3000Z digital still, Canon GL2 for DV, Premier 6.5, and DVDCre8's DVD Complete 2.06 ESD for DVD authoring to a Sony DRU-120A.

Many thanks for such a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.

Cheers,
Rob

Imran Zaidi February 20th, 2003 09:39 AM

Rob,

I'm in Orlando too, and have a GL2 myself. I'm a web developer by day, downtown. If you work around here we should do a lunch to share interests. My email is imran @ theseventhlevel.net -- give me a shout!

Imran.

Rob Lohman February 20th, 2003 05:01 PM

Welcome aboard Rob (looks weird to greet "yourself")! I hope you'll
have a pleasant stay and see you around.

Mark Richman March 17th, 2003 10:16 PM

Orlando, and Florida West Coast here

Hey everyone, I just joined the community about a week ago. Looking for some local (within 2-4 hour driving distance) projects or members to work with. I am willing to help with any camera or editing work that will give me some experience. I am a full time employee and I alternate weekends in Sarasota with my daughter. The rest of my free time, I hope to spend with a camera in my hand. More later. mark_richman @ hotmail.com

Chris Hurd March 17th, 2003 11:54 PM

Plenty of Floridians here, Mark... you're in good company! You might want to fill out the "Gear" section of your profile (click "user cp" button at top). Welcome aboard,

Johnny Fernandes March 19th, 2003 05:04 PM

East Central Forida

How goes it,

I am on the Spacecoast about 40 minutes from Orlando.
Live to shoot.

Mark Richman March 19th, 2003 10:02 PM

Thanks for the replies

Johnny, give me some time to get my rig in gear and maybe we can shoot something together.

Mark

Kalmin Fullard March 21st, 2003 10:49 AM

GL2 in Orlando

What up?
I've got a GL2, Premiere 6.5, AE 5.5 3.02 Ghz editing system.

Currently in the planning stages to do a music video for a few friends. Feel free to holla if you wanna collaborate...

Later.

K.

Mark Richman March 30th, 2003 08:55 AM

Kalmin and anyone else

I would love for someone to review some tape I've made. Let me know if we can talk some video.

email me and we can exchange phone numbers if that will be easier.

Mark

Joe Carney April 19th, 2003 07:19 PM

Hi Mark. I live in Boca. Welcome! This weekend I'm helping my son finish his film project for class. Look forward to seeing you around.

Mike Moncrief April 24th, 2003 06:47 PM

Hello Florida,

I am in orlando area.. have nonLinear system, Panasonic DV deck, Sony PDX10, Lightwave, after effects, photoshop and more.. drop me an email.. take a look at my web site.. also my demo reel is on the CD that comes with the current issue of Create magazine, which can be found in most Fl bookstores..

Mike

Elizabeth Williamson July 10th, 2003 04:51 PM

Hola from Orlando, FL

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a college student from Florida who recently discovered that she has an strong interest in the art of the moving pictures. I don't have any fancy equipment (it's pretty much limited to what my friends and I can borrow; and some consumer-grade equipment that we have). My passion far exceeds my knowledge, but I'm learning fast, and I'm so happy to have found this community of talented people willing to share their knowledge.

And as you can see from my sig, if you're putting on a production in the Gainesville/Orlando area and need some help, just e-mail me. :)

K. Forman July 10th, 2003 04:58 PM

Welcome Elizabeth! You have come to the right place. There are plenty of folks to share their experiences. As far as help, I may be shooting an Indy soon, and I'm not that far from you. I will keep you in mind.

What have you done so far?

Elizabeth Williamson July 10th, 2003 06:09 PM

I haven't done much yet. I've been editing short videos (about 3-5 minutes) using Ulead MediaStudio. I just finished a 6-week film course on the foundations of production, and created two 30-second and one 3-min. short. None of them were very good, but I did learn a lot about how not to shoot video, so I should do better the next time around.

When I return to school (U. of FL), I'm planning to meet up with other student filmmakers to work on some projects.

I appreciate your response, and I look forward to hearing more about your indie project.

K. Forman July 10th, 2003 06:11 PM

Are they teaching you anything about lighting and camera operations?