DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Hello fellas, any Montrealer in the community (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/42622-hello-fellas-any-montrealer-community.html)

Joan Daniel April 8th, 2005 07:12 AM

Hello fellas, any Montrealers in the community

Yeap!
I'm looking for (indiefilmmakers) to organize a monthly meeting, (location to be discussed) so we can share ideas and get "REAL" in making - low budget films - with our own equipment, from Pre-Post to exhibition and Distribution.

Producers,Storytellers, Directors, VFX magicians, everyone interested in make Montreal the "Northamerican Dream" for Independent filmmaking is really WELCOME!!

Joan Daniel

Jon Miova April 24th, 2005 09:26 PM

-

Hello Joan,

I'm from Montreal Either ;-)

Please keep us updated

Jon

Joan Daniel May 4th, 2005 02:36 PM

Hi Jon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Miova
Hello Joan,

I'm from Montreal Either ;-)

Please keep us updated

Jon

So, tell me what do you do, in other words what is your experience or skills if any. Any friends of yours interested or into films?
What I can tell you is that I'm setting a group of Digital Filmmakers in downtown Montreal to start creating/producing and showcasing ideas in popular short films venues like KINO.
Then we can jump to major festivals in the city and so on.
The idea is to make noise with great ideas, polished technique and ready for distribution
My experience and background are in the area of cinematography and visual effects.

Right now I’m working in a project that consist in a website, then we’ll produce a short film destined to be pitch to a producer as TV Mini-series.

Jdaniel

Aaron Bohnert July 19th, 2005 04:18 PM

Hello Old Friend

I'm nowhere near Montreal!! I'm still in Saskatchewan and I'm trying to find you to ask you some questions. I'm very serious about going to a school, but I don't know which one. I have info on the Vancouver Film School and Toronto. I need your help.
Get in touch with me if you can. Talk to you later.

Aaron Bohnert
306-453-6773 wk
306-861-6373 cell
306-842-4968 hm

Joan Daniel August 3rd, 2005 08:34 AM

Looking for you

Hey Aaron, long time man!
I'm trying to reach you by phone so talk to you soon

Aaron Bohnert August 5th, 2005 04:07 PM

Work Number

I'm glad you replied. It's easiest at my work number. I'm there all the time!

Jean-Francois Robichaud September 24th, 2005 11:12 AM

Hi, I live in Montreal too.

I am one of those people for whom video is not a career, but a passion separate from my job. I've been experimenting with video on and off since 1992, and more seriously in the past 3 years.

Other Montrealers might want to be aware of the Kino community (www.kino00.com), which organises monthly screening at the Plaza Theater (corner St-Hubert/Beaubien). There are 10 to 15 short movies per screening, all made by kino members, and the audience numbers in the 300-400 range. Entrance is free, but a donation is welcome. Screenings occur on the first Friday of every month, the next one being October 7. I will have a movie playing at that screening.

The big upcoming Kino event is the Fall Kino-Kabaret (October 13-23), which is basically a video production marathon. There is a screening every 48 hours. There will be about 60 directors from all over the world, as well as many technicians, musicians and actors. It is not a contest, and there are no prizes. With the help of its sponsors the Kino-Kabaret usually makes equipment available to the participants: cameras, sound kits, lighting, etc.

This will be my 6th Kabaret in 6 months, after Quebec City, Hamburg (Germany), Ste-Therese (Montreal north shore), Matane (Qc), and another one in Montreal last week. This has allowed me to shoot more than 15 shorts so far this year. These Kabarets occur all over the world, all year long, either organised by the Montreal Kino cell or local cells. More on this in a separate posting.

Ronald Lee December 31st, 2005 09:21 PM

Any new guys in Montreal?

Please send me an email, eb7g@shaw.ca, I have some questions about videography there.

Ronald

Zackary T CastleFree March 18th, 2006 11:38 AM

I'm from Montreal too.

Recently finished my script (took a whole year) for my indie film. I have a hdr-fx1 and starting to mess around with it. :)

Ronald Lee June 18th, 2006 11:16 AM

Montreal-Seeking DV Camera+Op & Boom Op for documentary on Seducing Women-June 29-3rd

Hi there,

Would you like to learn how to meet and attract women? From the worlds greatest seducers and pickup artists? And are you a camera operator or boom operator looking to make your mark in the documentary/film world? Then you will be interested in reading this. I am making a documentary about this topic and am looking for hire some crew in the Montreal area.

I am seeking an energetic camera operator with his own equipment for a documentary shoot I am doing in Montreal from Thursday, June 29th until Monday July 3rd. You will have your own equipment, with ample batteries, on camera light's, stabilizer, tripod, etc.... I prefer that you have a Sony PD170/150 but may make an exception for the Panasonic DV100A/B.

I am also seeking a tireless boom operator for the above said dates, with a short boom and a high quality shotgun mike. Even better if you have a field mixer, headphones, and a wireless transmitter.

This will be around the McGill and Plateau Mont Royal area and will be at various times and full days and nights.

In addition to entry into a special convention concerning the subject matter, an honorarium will also be offered for your services.

If you are interested, please email me your resume, equipment list, and a cover letter telling me more about yourself and why you would be good for this.

Thank you for reading.

Ronald. audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM