DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy 2001 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/55-howdy-2001-a.html)

Taxidermied October 17th, 2001 11:47 PM

Beast Witches from LA

Hi, my name is Roman Dirge and I'm currently making several short films with my Xl1-s. I'm a writer on Nickelodeon's Invader Zim and I'm in development hell with my own series and a movie with Columbia tri-Star. I'm interested in absorbing all DV info into my sponge-like brain.

David Slingerland October 18th, 2001 12:51 AM

ibc was a bit slow

There were some interesting things to see like all the new HD cameras and a great show by adobe and lots of info about mac software. The canon xl1 S was there to be seen (done by optex) they gave it a full specs outfit with there own manual lens, focuspuller(if thats what you call it in english) matte box with an assortiment of filters. it looked just like a filmcamera!
people wise, it was however slow and that had everything to do with the disaster in new york.this was really a shame because there was also less business from the states. I was hoping to get my hands on some of your camera magazines (video) the ones i can not find here.
Lets hope that everybody makes it next time and that includes you to! it would have been nice to meet you. good luck to everybody and lets hope the dark clouds will vaporate and we can all live happy together.

MontoyaXXX October 23rd, 2001 05:27 AM

Hi from Spain

Hello, my name is Charlie Pérez. I'm a PD from Barcelona (Spain) (and an enthusiastic XL1' s camera operator ;-) )
I'm working on 35 mm films, and TV. And I'm trying to introduce the HDCAM format on spots and movies, but It's a hard work...

I'm very interested on working on documentary, so if someone needs crew to make some project on Spain, please, feel fre to contact with me.

My address: charlie@rendium.com

I'm making a movie with the XL1 (the first on this country) with a lot of visual FX.
The 3d coordinator it's my colaborator DVIL a very famous animator on 3d. If you wan't to see some of our works you can go to www.rendium.com

Well, feel free to contact with me to talk about DV and some related topics.

Thank you

C YA

James ellerton October 26th, 2001 02:59 AM

Are there any other Brits out there?!+ Waterproof housing for Canon XL1

James from sunny Britain here. Based in Poole. Dorset on the south coast.Do a lot of work at sea and looking for anyone who knows where I can get my hands on a waterproof housing for a Canon XL1?
Any replies gladly recieved.

Cheers,

James Ellerton

Adrian Douglas October 26th, 2001 06:27 AM

James,

There is a waterproof housing around, but it's designed for scuba diving, with the XL1 in side it is almost impossible to use it out of the water as it relies on bouyancy to make the package handleable. I can't remember who makes it but i can tell you it was a major housing manufacturer

Markus Bo October 29th, 2001 07:48 AM

Hola Charlie.

Soy Markus, aleman pero vivo en Madrid. Trabajo con la XL-1s para la tele alemana. Tienes alguna idea donde se puede comprar este adaptador (MM-XL1) para evitar que el micrófono coga el ruido del zoom?

Un saludo,

Markus

Wayde Gardner October 29th, 2001 12:04 PM

Roman,

Great to see another comic book creator pursuing DV. My partner and I created an indy comic book, S.E.A.L.S. and have written two screenplays along with an animation pilot that we are about to begin storyboarding.

We may even try to mix a live action and animation trailer to gain some interest. Had some good reads but agents aren't the best at envisioning comic book concepts.

Good luck.

Wayde Gardner
Right Field Films

MontoyaXXX October 29th, 2001 12:22 PM

Hola Markus.

Supongo que te refieres al adaptador para microfonos con conexion tipo Canon. Es decir los de tres pins y balanceados. Realmente tenemos la suerte de que accesorios para la XL1 se pueden encontrar muy facilmente en cualquier tienda donde vendan videocamaras profesionales. Yo vivo en Barcelona y aqui se puede comprar en ARPÍ-SERRA. En Madrid supongo que incluso si preguntas en la FNAC lo puedes encontrar.

Si quieres un directorio de distribuidores en España, te aconsejo que visites www.cinevideo20.com encontraras toda la informacion que necesites.

Nos vemos.

P.D. tengo curiosidad por saber que tipo de trabajos haces con la XL1. Explicame algo mas..

Markus Bo October 29th, 2001 02:50 PM

Hola Charlie:

es que busco el adaptor que elimine el ruido del zoom que normalmente el microfono coge. Te das cuenta cuando no hay mucho sonido de ambiente. Estoy ahora intendando comprarlo en EEUU.

Yo trabajo aqui como freelance para dos cadenas de television en Alemania. Hasta dos semanas hize mis informes con la XM-1 pero ahora empiezo con la XL1s. Tengo un sistema ya elaborado para hacer un monton de grabaciones solo. (yo se que soy el enemigo de los camaras).

Asi hize ya un reportaje de 13 minutos sobre el tema de inmigracion.

Un saludo,

Markus

Adrian Douglas October 31st, 2001 05:44 AM

Good to see a mix of animation and DV. I'm currently looking for a manga artist to do some snowboarding sequences for a sports video I'm working on.

Guy Pringle November 4th, 2001 03:44 AM

Howzit

Originally from Joeys, now living in Houston, TX, but should be back in SA around Dec '02 and ready to shoot some wildlife-related doccies. In the meantime I am looking forward to seeing the Boks come to town and kick some Eagles butt!

Looking at buying an XL1S or similar, however, my dilemma has been whether to buy an NTSC for the next year or a PAL and deal with the extra price and always having to convert while I'm still in the US.

Got a budget of $6000 but hoping to streeeeetch that out to include ENG package AND NLE system, maybe impossible. XL1S alone is coming in at about $3500.

For those of you in SA, what's the current price in Rands for an XL1S and a MAC G4 with FCP 2?

Can one shoot NTSC and edit/output PAL and/or visa versa on FCP?

Health & Happiness
Guy

guypringle@hotmail.com
Africat Productions
713-665-5394

Guy Pringle November 4th, 2001 04:34 AM

Hi James,

I'm sure there are others but here's a few to start with:

STE-MAN INC., 800-845-6619 (USA), stemaninc@aol.com. I think they are local distributors for EWA MARINE.

R.T.S. INC. are also advertising the same EWA-MARINE housing and their details are: 800-519-0022, rtsinc@erols.com, wwwRTSphoto.com

ZGC Inc. in NY have the Spintec Rain Deflector.

B&H in NY sell:
EWA-MARINE - for the XL1 it is #VXL and is $849.95
GATES - Gates Diego Housing for XL1 is for more serious underwater work.
(August 2001 catalogue) Check out bhphotovideo.com

Hope that helps.

Health & Happiness
Guy Pringle

guypringle@hotmail.com
Africat Productions
713-665-5394

ZoLO_axs November 13th, 2001 07:43 AM

Any "German" out here?

Hi!
Am I the only german DV(i) user here...? If there is some german or german speaking DV-FIlmer here, please say hello!

ZoLO

Markus Bo November 17th, 2001 11:27 AM

Here I am!

Bin Deutscher, wohne aber in Madrid. Mit was arbeitest Du?
Ich habe die XM-1 und die XL-1s.

Gruß,

Markus

ZoLO_axs November 19th, 2001 04:18 AM

HI!
Hab eine XL1s inclusive aller Fehler, die da ding so hat! Frisst deine auch Tapes beim zurückspulen?
Hast du schonmal versucht, Mit der XL1 aufgenommene Tapes in einem NICHT SONY oder NICHT CANON player abzuspielen? (JVC, PANASONIC)

Bin echt ein wenig gepestet... Solche Kinderkrankheiten sollte ein Gerät mit dem Preis eigentlich nicht haben...

Aber vielleicht sollten wir da im XL1 Forum posten und nicht in der Neighbours Rubrik!

ZoLO