Gulf Coast Mississippi? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 03:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Gulf Coast Mississippi?

Anyone from our area? I've got my hands on a couple of quality projects and I'm looking for others to network with.
Scott Ellifritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Expanded Area

Adding New Orleans, southern Alabama and the western Florida panhandle.
Scott Ellifritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:26 PM   #3
New Boot

Bay St. Louis MS (suburban NOLA)

Looking for something to do with my XL2- whose still in the area after Katrina?
Wallace Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 12:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Wallace,

I'm over on the other side of MS. XL2? Sweet. I currently have the DVX100A and will be upgrading in a few months to the JVC HD200. What are you looking to do?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM   #5
New Boot

What to do with an XL2

Hey Scott,
My daughter just graduated with a BS in broadcasting this summer. I wanted a good camera and thought that we could share the camera for whatever caught our fancy. I have been minimally involved with a faith based mission, ah forget the pc crap, a PCA church in BSL. Kicked around the idea with the pastor to DV the sermons, to put up on the website- currently they do the podcasts. thought about doing some hunting videos for some guys that I know- nothing like video the "big Kill". I am trying to teach myself motion graphics with After Effects 6.5, haven't messed with premiere yet. no FCP. Daughter is freelancing as PA with any gig she can get- although she plans to move to Nashville in a few weeks. Have only had the XL2 for a couple of months now- may have gotten a great deal on e-bay. Still need to get a tripod and possibly a small jib kit. Still trying to get life put back together after the great flood( my insurance company says there was no hurricane!). Ashley is doing a gig in NOLA on Friday 1/5
cheers
Old January 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM   #6
Regular Crew

No hurricane? LOL I'm hoping Dicky Scruggs can get somewhere. I understand he nailed down a jury trial...
My wife and I are currently undergoing house repairs courtesy of the MS state grant and the SBA. We got 44" of water being 5 miles from any body of water.
If your daughter wants the most opportunities she needs to consider a bigger production hub such as Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, or the King of all hubs, Los Angeles. I spent 12 years there after college working in the business.
A great (step by step) book to invest in for learning AE is Creating Motion Graphics by Trish & Chris Meyer. There's 2 volumes with about 500 pages each and they include a DVD with footage to practice with.

Best
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM   #7
New Boot

In the neighborhood

Scott,
I had two books by the Meyers- they were destroyed in the great flood (aka Hurricane Katrina) We moved here from Atlanta (Snellville) three weeks prior to katrina. Did buy in June and had flood- we are 300yards from the beach.

We'd like to give you call. e-mail to enfofanatyahoodotcom.

I am a pharmaceutical sales rep traveling lower LA, MS, all of AL and the panhandle to PC.

How long had you been in the area?

cheers,
Frank
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:20 PM   #8
New Boot

In the neighborhood

Meant to post earlier, that Ash did her internship in biloxi at WLOX this summer.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM   #9
New Boot

in jackson

but i travel down to the coast a lot
Tony Bahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace Frank
Scott,
How long had you been in the area?
3 weeks? Owwwwch!

How long? 10.5 years to be precise. I work as an instructor at one of the colleges and have an upstart production company that's producing a documentary on a local civil rights hero as well as a diversity piece for the local shipyard here.
Wife and I would love to touch base. Will send email.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:34 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bahou
but i travel down to the coast a lot
Hey Tony,

Welcome and what's your style?
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Tourist

Need local TV production

StogTv, www.stogtv.com; www.yltv.tv, needs enterprising types who want to make money from producing shows for local cable. email. charlie@stogtv.com
Charlie Stogner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #13
Trustee

Hey guys, I thought I'd toss my name out here. I'm down in Houma, La. which is about an hour or so south west of New Orleans. I'm doing mostly weddings these days, but my background is in more traditional production (tv spots, corporate stuff). I'm not a bad shooter and know my way around a light kit pretty well.
I have a demo page online that was never 100% completed since I decided to hit the wedding thing pretty hard after quitting my full time production job about 6 months ago and moved down here. (wife is from the area)
If any of you guys are interested just email me off list and I'll send you the link to my non-wedding reel. You can find my contact info through the website in my signature or by clicking on my name.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Stogner View Post
StogTv, www.stogtv.com; www.yltv.tv, needs enterprising types who want to make money from producing shows for local cable. email. charlie@stogtv.com

Charlie,

Stogtv is not coming up when clicked. Is there a problem?
Old February 19th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #15
Trustee

Scott, I spent 6 1/2 weeks as a first responder on Katrina deployment. Got to Gulfport 2 days after she hit. In addition to my regular job I shot 6 1/2 hours of video with my old XL-1s (upgraded to XL-2), and over 800 stills of clean up efforts. Even did a helocopter flyover on landfall+3 and shot the entire MS coast. Did lot of documentation of the work EPA, CDC, and USCG did there. As you know, compaired to N.O., MS got LEVELED. I spent a lot of time in Pass Christian, Waveland, Hancock County area. It hurt to see MS treated like that. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood