DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Celebrities' favorite cuss words (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/23012-celebrities-favorite-cuss-words.html)

Charles Papert March 16th, 2004 11:59 AM

Celebrities' favorite cuss words

Hardly highbrow, but a bit of fun.

http://www.updater.co.uk/

Send the kids out of the room first.

Imran Zaidi March 16th, 2004 12:13 PM

Haha! That was great. Good old Scrubs man Zach Braff was in there. I love that guy - great comic timing. Even in this.

Charles Papert March 16th, 2004 12:41 PM

My man Zach is one funny bastid, agreed. And he even figured out how to get extra screen time as a bonus.

Robert Knecht Schmidt March 16th, 2004 01:34 PM

Pure gold.

It goes by too fast for me to tell whether the Indian is Parminder Nagra or what it is that she's saying (but I wouldn't mind learning).

Imran Zaidi March 16th, 2004 02:04 PM

That is the girl from Bend it Like Beckham. I'll try to listen again and figure out what she said - it's a little fast for me too. I speak Urdu, not Hindi (Pakistan, not India) but it's close enough.

Imran Zaidi March 16th, 2004 02:11 PM

Well I could be wrong because it's difficult to make out with the compression and the speed together, but it sounds like she's saying Kuttha Haramzada. Kuttha means Dog, and Haramzada means that a person's father is unknown and therefore their mother's a tramp. So basically, B@stard Dog.

What a mouth on her.

Robert Knecht Schmidt March 16th, 2004 02:17 PM

Bastard son of a bitch!

Thanks, Imran. Now I'll know with what words to woo her when our paths cross. (I love her on ER.)

Charles Papert March 16th, 2004 02:22 PM

I would assume, given the number of NBC stars represented in that video, that Parminder was there with the "ER" clan (Laura Innes also in there delicately alluding to the "c" word).

I've only worked a couple of days with Parminder, but she seems to be a sweet young lady. I will, however, profess a particular weakness for Linda Cardellini. Adorable.

Robert Knecht Schmidt March 16th, 2004 02:38 PM

Hook me up, Chuck!

(They were in London for the BAFTAs?)

Joe Carney March 16th, 2004 08:03 PM

btw, everyone, our august chap Charles Papert has his picture in the 10th anniversary issue of Moviemaker in the article about Marathon Movie Making.
The issue has a picture of a very sultry Scarlett Johansson on the cover.

Ben Gurvich March 16th, 2004 08:45 PM

Charles in Charge (of celebs)

<<<-- Originally posted by Charles Papert : I would assume, given the number of NBC stars represented in that video, that Parminder was there with the "ER" clan (Laura Innes also in there delicately alluding to the "c" word).

I've only worked a couple of days with Parminder, but she seems to be a sweet young lady. I will, however, profess a particular weakness for Linda Cardellini. Adorable. -->>>

Charles, it seems you spend the most time with hollywood celebs out of this forum, so i have to ask, what is edward norton like to work with,

Ted Springer March 16th, 2004 08:52 PM

That was funny, but I have no clue who 96% of the people in the clip were. If I don't know who they are, then they are of no importance in the grand sceme of humanity. Yep, that's right... the ultimate purpose of life is to make sure I know who you are. :)

Robert Knecht Schmidt March 16th, 2004 09:06 PM

In Hollywood marketing terms, Ted, you're absolutely right.

I didn't know a few of the Brits. Nor the Scot by the swimming pool.

Rick Bravo March 16th, 2004 11:33 PM

Charles,

I am laughing so hard my ribs are f*****g killing me!

My favorite is, and no one mentioned it in the piece, Mother F-ing RAT BASTARD!

It cannot just be Bastard...it has to be RAT Bastard! A nuance of sorts.

OK, so I didn't major in English, geez, give a guy a break!

RB

John Hudson March 17th, 2004 08:53 PM

Loved it! And my favorite one is F***!