DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Celebrities Uncensored - Good or Bad for stars? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/33187-celebrities-uncensored-good-bad-stars.html)

James Emory October 8th, 2004 08:24 PM

Celebrities Uncensored - Good or Bad for stars?

Okay. Everyone knows that Hollywood stars are always complaining about the poparrazi. Then comes E! with its Celebrities Uncensored 1 through 15 using a select few paparazzi's footage. Do you think that this program sent a message to all people with DV cameras, especially the unemployed and not just in LA but all over, to swarm the stars on Hollywood and New York streets? I mean some of that footage is not necessarily professional but gives the impression that they'll take just about anything especially if it's compromising. I wonder if the poparazzi swarms grew because of this lure of easy money by shooting a star?

Boyd Ostroff October 8th, 2004 10:40 PM

Re: Celebrities Uncensored - Good or Bad for stars?

<<<-- Originally posted by James Emory : I wonder if the poparazzi swarms grew because of this lure of easy money by shooting a star? -->>>

I have no idea... but do you think there's really "easy money" available for this (unless you catch them doing something really outrageous)?

John Hudson October 9th, 2004 11:31 AM

This whole paparazzi thing is pathetic. I always say "If....." (and this is a big if) "If, I ever become John Hudson the great filmmaker" (okay you can stop laughing now) that I will take the Harrision Ford route and disapear on 400 acres somewhere.

The thing that makes me scratch my head is that of all channells "E" caters to the Paparazzi by airing shows such as this yet, they cater to the stars as well. The stars say they hate the paparazzi except when their careers are wavering or its time to promte that film. They hate paparazzi, yet just have to goto the places where they know the paprazzi will be in force.

Its kind of a scary thought; they are like legal stalkers.

James Emory October 9th, 2004 01:31 PM

I think some of the stars would probably have to see a therapist if the press or paparazzi stopped taking their picture. They say they hate it but let it all come to a grinding halt. Constant attention, then no attention. It's a dramatic change. That's the best free advertising in the world so they should reverse exploit it as long as possible. It wouldn't be so bad if the more aggressive paps wouldn't get so imposing in very private moments and leave the children alone.

John Hudson October 9th, 2004 05:14 PM

If the paparazzi could limit it to the events it would be cool; but why they need for beach photos, shopping photos etc. Do people realy care that "Madonna is jogging!"

Joe Carney October 13th, 2004 12:37 PM

Most of the time I think they are awful But they are popular and they sell magazines.
The new favorites are when they get 'real' shots of the celebs sans makeup or nylons or carefully setup photo ops (red carpet...).
Lots of acne and cellulite running around out there even on the skinny ones. Might even be a public service when they show the so called a-list as they really are. Note.. all of those 'expose' photos are taken in public places.

Since we are on the subject...
It it true Cameraon Diaz has a B.O. problem?