DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas for PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/42505-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-pc.html)

Dylan Couper April 6th, 2005 12:20 AM

Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas for PC

Is GTA: San Andreas ever coming out for the PC???
Anyone have any info?
It took a long time for Vice City to hit the PC, but I didn't think it was this long.

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 01:54 AM

I think Xbox and PC around June-ish of this year.

xbox.ign.com should have some info.

Oh baby oh baby oh baby.

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 11:29 AM

So retarded. . .xbox.ign.com is the site I (that would be underlined or italicized if there was a way to do that in this forum--there isn't is there? Sometimes one just wants to emphasize things) care about.

You want pc.ign.com .

Dylan Couper April 6th, 2005 01:07 PM

Yay!
http://pc.ign.com/articles/593/593282p1.html

Thanks Josh

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 01:19 PM

No problem. Here's the cool part: You'll be all like "yo, dude, have you played San Andreas yet?" And everyone'll be like "yeah, when it came out six months ago. You stuck in a time warp?"

Brandon Greenlee April 6th, 2005 01:57 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : So retarded. . .xbox.ign.com is the site I (that would be underlined or italicized if there was a way to do that in this forum--there isn't is there? Sometimes one just wants to emphasize things) care about.
-->>>

Yes there is: (remove the spaces of course)

[ i ] [ /i ]

[ b ] [ /b ]

[ u ] [ /u ]

there are many others as well...

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 04:20 PM

Oh. . .ok. So just like HTML except you substitute "[" instead of "<" Gotcha. Look forward to much italisis, bolditude, and underlination from me in the future.

Dylan Couper April 6th, 2005 05:26 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : No problem. Here's the cool part: You'll be all like "yo, dude, have you played San Andreas yet?" And everyone'll be like "yeah, when it came out six months ago. You stuck in a time warp?" -->>>

That's OK. For the last six my friends have been "S--t dude, Sand Andreas ROCKS, you got to get it for your PS2!"
And I'm "F--k that. PS2 is for chimps. I'll only play San Andreas when I get it on a REAL PLATFORM."

100% true I swear. I own a PS2, I just hate playing GTA3 games on it. I went through the same thing with Vice City.

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 05:45 PM

Huh. Interesting. I got an Xbox from the girlfriend for a while back, so there you have it.

K. Forman April 6th, 2005 06:05 PM

I'm with Dylan... sort of. I love games on the PC, and hate the controllers on cosole games. But the, I got my boys a PS2 for Easter, and have been hooked on Transformers Armada ever since.

As far as GTA, I got out of them when they became cinematic. I like the games for the action. If I wanted a movie, I'd go to Blockbuster. Doom 3 looked really cool, till I tried the demo. Too much plot and story, not enough guns and gory. Takes forever to get to the real game.

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 06:24 PM

You kidding? The story's barely there (judging by Vice City and GTA3). . .plenty of killin' and whatnot.

You want an overstoried game? Metal Gear Solid 2. . .oh my freakin' God, I swear there was LITERALLY a two hour cutscene. Or maybe it was 45 minutes. Either way, waaaaaaaay too long.

Dylan Couper April 6th, 2005 10:25 PM

I like GTA3 for one reason...

It lets me do things that I'd like to do in real life...
Without the jail time.

Josh Bass April 6th, 2005 10:42 PM

Remind me never to hang out with you.

K. Forman April 7th, 2005 04:33 AM

Driver is fun for the same reason. Driving fast, slamming into cars, outrunning cops... slammin cops. The problem is, after playing for any length of time, if I see a real cop in real traffic, I get the urge to run. There is a reason they don't use a PT Cruiser in the game.

Dylan Couper April 7th, 2005 08:03 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Josh Bass : Remind me never to hang out with you. -->>>

Wanna come to my birthday party in Bangkok, Thailand in 3 weeks?

Driver is very good too, but lacks the unbridled sociopathic violence that boils my blood.