DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Movie Villians: Woiuld you rather fight A or B? And why? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/42727-movie-villians-woiuld-you-rather-fight-b-why.html)

Laurence Maher April 10th, 2005 01:31 AM

Movie Villians: Woiuld you rather fight A or B? And why?

I'll start it off. Here's the rules. The guy asking the question sets the rules. For instance, I could say, okay, you're starting off in America in say, Dallas, Tx. And the oppenent is out for you, looking to kill you, no matter what you say or do he will do his best to kill you. And your opponent starts off in China and is looking for you starting now. You either have to take him out or avoid him for exactly 1 month. That said:

Who would you rather fight, Khan, from Star Trek II Wrath of Kahn, or Hannibal Lecter (from Silence of the Lambs, not that wimpy riddley scott's "Hannibal" crap)?

Laurence Maher April 10th, 2005 01:37 AM

Okay, here's another example:

You're trapped in a barren white room the size of a football field, brightly lit. You're armed with a medival-type hand held shield that is magic and cannot be pierced, and a Beretta 9mm, with 15 bullets in the mag and one up the pipe. On the other side of the room is where your villian starts, and it's either him or you. Only man will leave alive.

Your choices: Wolverine or The Batman.

Laurence Maher April 10th, 2005 01:44 AM

Okay, final example:

You're in New York City, Manhattan Island only, and can't leave it. That's your parameters. You have to survive just 10 minutes. 5 buildings away from you, and instantly looking for you, is your choice of 2 behemeth monsters.

Godzilla or King Kong.

Both of them are on a mission to destroy as many buildings as they can so they find you. You have to run from building to building, ducking for cover and avoid they're attention, but if they see you, here they come. They can topple buidlings on you or breath fire or pick you up and eat you/ whatever they want but within their own monster limits they have to try and kill you. Pick your poison.

Laurence Maher April 10th, 2005 01:51 AM

I find it's better to give parameters like world wide arena or aselective arena or your in a tank of water or whatever, otherwise, it's not quite as speciffic. Of course, you could just say, you're walking down the street and spill mustard on a villian and now they're mad and you have to try to escape right then and there and that would be valid too. I also try to use villians that are relatively equal in danger, and then try to reason out just why you'd take one over the other. The strategies that work on one may work not as well on the other, but try to list just why you think your strategy would have a better chance with A as opposed to B.

Be creative and even goofy. If someone wants to throw out Superman vs. Mighty Mouse, or even Godzilla as opposed to Napolian Dynomite, that's great too. You could also use real life people or celebrities, like Schwartzeneggar as opposed to Stallone. Or Clinton as opposed to Bush. Or Martha Stewart as opposed to Oprah Winfrey. But the most fun are the ones where there's a legit consideration of which villian would give you a worse run for your money. After all, it's your funeral . . . or victory.

Throw in also methods you use to avoid or attack or whatever. This game gets quite hilarious. Okay, you guys, we all start right . . . . .

NOW!

Have fun! :)

Robert Knecht Schmidt April 11th, 2005 02:29 AM

Hannibal, who will be more or less easy to avoid for one month--just mail him a season pass to the Met. Batman, because we already know that 16 bullets aren't going to do much to Wolverine. King Kong, because he doesn't have a destructive temperament and can't breathe radioactive fire. The Hulk or Sin City's Marv?

Laurence Maher April 13th, 2005 12:47 AM

Haven't seen Sin City yet. Actually, I'd go with fighting wolverine. I know he regenerates, but the batman is unstoppable. He WILL find your weakness, assuming you go with the comic book version.

Laurence Maher April 14th, 2005 08:32 PM

Man, you guys are all lame. Thought this would be a fun topic. Oh well, I'm cool and Robert is cool and everyone else stinks. :)

George Ellis April 15th, 2005 03:59 AM

You guys... Just run away. Eventually, Hannibel will EAT everyone else. Then you need to get rid of him, and that is the hard part.

Laurence Maher April 17th, 2005 02:20 AM

Ok, now George is cool too.

Mathiu Zimmermann April 27th, 2005 06:23 AM

N. 1. depends on him having a space-ship.. I he does not I would pick Khan, because the American Ministry of Homeland Security would be off dealing with him as he arrives at the airport :) .

On the second one I pick Batman, smile at him and he would not be able to kill me.He's got kind of a hard shell, but is really a terribly nice guy!

Laurence Maher April 29th, 2005 07:34 AM

Hmmmm,

I'm not so sure you've read the good Batman comics. He's the only guy that ever kicked Superman's butt, save for that lame "death of superman" series.

Then again,

DC was lame enough to actually have someone outfight Batman once . . . Bain I believe. Which was pretty lame, even if Batman had just spent a month with no sleep and had spent the entire time herding up the entirety of Arkam Asylem breakouts. Bain wanted to wear Batman down so he was beatable, then he did and broke his back. That was lame.