DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   New Credit Format? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/47212-new-credit-format.html)

James Emory July 4th, 2005 08:42 PM

New Credit Format?

Has anyone else noticed the latest credit format that alot of the networks are using? Do they all have a big meeting and agree to do this? Ha ha ha. I mean, one puts a logo id in the corner, then they all do it. One starts stacking credits as a lower third with characters small enough to need a magnifying glass and you guessed it, they all start doing it. Is is not enough that they've started dropping frames from the show content to be able to squeeze in another 30 second spot or two?

Christopher Lefchik July 6th, 2005 07:35 AM

Oh dear, don't get me started on the logo bugs!

And you're right about the new credit format. Then again, how many people (aside from us) are actually interested in reading credits?

James Emory July 6th, 2005 12:19 PM

Chris wrote:
"And you're right about the new credit format. Then again, how many people (aside from us) are actually interested in reading credits?"

As far as the general public I would have to agree with that Chris. Others that may be interested are family, friends and most importantly future employers.

It's bad enough when they do a vertical squeeze with credits and/or ridiculously speed them up but now this.

Christopher Lefchik July 6th, 2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Others that may be interested are family, friends and most importantly future employers.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:

It's bad enough when they do a vertical squeeze with credits and/or ridiculously speed them up but now this.
Exactly. It's annoying. People who put in hard work on a production should get proper credit - and it's hard to get that when the credits fly past squeezed this way and that.

James Emory July 6th, 2005 01:36 PM

I can't believe that unions haven't had something to say about all of this. I believe that there are guidelines about when and where opening titles and how closing credits are displayed. What does it matter how they're displayed if you can't read the damn things!

James Emory June 8th, 2007 01:53 AM

Well if it couldn't get worse than lower third credits with little bitty fonts. The networks are now squeezing another commercial or two into the hour or half hour by starting the next show while the previous show's credits are still rolling! I guess skipping frames throughout the show wasn't enough or maybe they're doing that in addition to the split screen intro/exit. What's really funny is when they show the same movie back to back and you get to see the beginning and the end at the same time!

Marcus Marchesseault June 8th, 2007 07:20 PM

The networks need to cram in more commercials because they have so much content and need to pay for all of it. Oh, wait, they have substituted a third of their programming with infomercials and barely have any content anymore. I'm waiting for the day when infomercials have commercial breaks.

"Ron Popiel's Sleep n' Cook System has been brought to you buy the new Ford Focus!"

Fortunately, IMDB.COM allows those of us who are interested in the credits to find all the details of a production...and pictures of hot actresses.

James Emory June 11th, 2007 11:46 PM

I forgot to mention this but E! Network displays credits at the beginning of some of their shows and they are keyed over the video so no extra time is used. What difference does it make if it's at the beginning or the end?