DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   "Test Your Film Skill-Level" - very cool! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/47981-test-your-film-skill-level-very-cool.html)

Christopher C. Murphy July 19th, 2005 03:41 PM

"Test Your Film Skill-Level" - very cool!

Hey all, answer these questions and see where you're at with knowledge. Be truthful with your answers, so you can really find out. Also, be truthful when you post here!

I got 54 right....not bad, but not great!
http://www.theworkshops.com/filmwork...sp?SchoolID=21

Boyd Ostroff July 19th, 2005 03:59 PM

Heh, I clocked in at 52...

Patrick King July 19th, 2005 04:30 PM

I'm bringing up trail position at a remarkably amatuer score of {Edit}88, yeah I think it was an 88 {End edit}. Very effective marketing campaign as I think I really should take one of the courses they are offering. I'll demand a retest and recount of course.

; 0

Joshua Provost July 19th, 2005 04:43 PM

Cool test, I also got a 52. The same score as a Wrangler, that really makes my day!

Graeme Nattress July 19th, 2005 05:17 PM

Got 56 and I know nothing about film! Now if there had been more questions on video.....

Graeme

John Hudson July 19th, 2005 05:38 PM

Your Score is 44.

took this a while back and that was my result (better than I thought)

K. Forman July 19th, 2005 05:42 PM

37?!? Hey, that sounds familiar...

Dan Diaconu July 19th, 2005 06:53 PM

That was fun. I got 64 and I disagree with a few answers, but still a fun test. I also posted a question without answer (I'm sure they know it though....)

Aaron Koolen July 19th, 2005 07:11 PM

43... Does that make me lame, or just so damned cool because I'm up with modern digital technology that all those film questions become irrelevant - it's so old school and yesterday....I think I know the answer. :)

Aaron

Zach Mull July 19th, 2005 08:40 PM

Christopher, that link is fantastic. I got a 50, so now I'm going to have to look up all the terms I didn't recognize. But I will say I've never been on a set where the key grip was in charge of safety - maybe in theory, but never in practice.

Yi Fong Yu July 19th, 2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

What does not effect depth of field?
do i want a company that can't spell teach me filmmaking? it's supposed to be "affect" not effect.

Quote:

21. "Technicolor" photography used:
i coulda sworn that in the black pirate starring douglas fairbanks, they used a technicolor process that was only 2 colors cause it was the first popular film using technicolor. later on they invented 3 color and it was much smoother. is this true? if so, then the question has to be scratched out because it doesn't ask "when" technicolor is using different color processes.

i got a 37/73, does that make me a film-retard?

Don Donatello July 20th, 2005 12:05 AM

63 .. must be the getting older ? or too tired ? missed simple ones !!!

Graham Bernard July 20th, 2005 12:16 AM

Aaron! If you are cool, I'm veritably Artic! There's HEAPS I don't know!

I got totalled by the filmic stuff! FUBAR-ed , completely . .. ughhhh....

Grazie

Lorinda Norton July 20th, 2005 03:00 AM

Grazie, you crack me up. (I'll help you build an igloo.) :)

The only barney I know is a purple dinosaur, and I've never heard of pushing film.

Rainer Hoffmann July 20th, 2005 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
The only barney I know is a purple dinosaur, and I've never heard of pushing film.

Hmm. I thought Barney was the (short) friend of Fred, wasn't he?

I pushed a lot of film around on my editing table and into the bin, back in the days of Super 8.

50 for me.

EDIT: By the way, I put the DP above the line. Wishful thinking I guess.