DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   THE DVINFO MOVIE(s)! - Why don't we all get together and make one in HD? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/59691-dvinfo-movie-s-why-dont-we-all-get-together-make-one-hd.html)

Shannon Rawls February 2nd, 2006 11:37 AM

THE DVINFO MOVIE(s)! - Why don't we all get together and make one in HD?

Maybe we can make a series of them....."THE TAKE OVER" Episode 1, "LOVE HER OR LEAVE HIM" Episode 2, "BATTLE FOR GOOD & EVIL" Episode 3, etc....

And stream them here at DVINFO TV for the world to see. Simple stuff, ya know? I mean, we have plenty of professionals here, don't we? We all love to shoot don't we? Between the real gigs that we do, we can get together and do something on the weekends, ya know. Chris can handle distribution to the world. Some ole' BMW FILMS type stuff, ya feel me? Everything captured in HIGH DEFINITION.

Maybe make it regional? The LOS ANGELES DVINFO TEAM and the BAY AREA DV INFO TEAM and the LAS VEGAS DVINFO TEAM and the FLORIDA DV INFO TEAM and the NEW YORK and CHICAGO and TEXAS and VIRGINIA, etc.... Everybody gets the same short script, but allowed to intepret it their own way.

Or not! lol

Maybe each region gets an assignment. Episode #1 belongs to Texas, Episode 2 belongs to Los Angeles, Episode 3 belongs to Atlanta, etc...

or not! lol

Maybe we shoot it like the movie "FOUR ROOMS" where in one episode, there are 4 different segments by 4 different DP's & 4 different Directors (camera of choice is on them)...same crew otherwise?

or not! lol

I mean, #$%^....we have enough gear don't we? *smile* Should be enough talent here. We got Writers who can spit out a 5-10 page script in one afternoon here I'm sure! We have DP's and Directors here. We have equipment and transportation between all of us. Nothing should need to be rented! We have Editors and SOund Designers here. And if we use SOUNDTRACK PRO, we can score the movie(s) for free. LOL We have the locations don't we? Nobody gets paid, we all bring lunches, and have fun on one sunny weekend. Sittin' around here talkin' about dumb test charts and stuff....let's get crackin' and do some real things!

Chris Hurd selects the teams and crew members from those who sign up. Crew members must have a minimum of 100+ posts on DVINFO to qualify. *smile*

Whatdayathink?

- ShannonRawls.com

Joe Carney February 2nd, 2006 11:43 AM

I wonder if Google Video would sponser it? Free and world wide.
They support 720x480, don't know if they would support anything higher.

Shannon Rawls February 2nd, 2006 11:53 AM

What we need Google for? Chris can handle it here I think. Keep it in the family. Recycle our works. *smile*

Low res streaming version is fine. WMV & MOV, or maybe even FLASH. If people want a full DVD, then they can PayPal purchase it from here, and it goes into a fund so next seasons episodes, we can all get Subway Sandwhiches & Peanut Butter Cookies during lunch--PAID FOR! *smile* I have an automatic DVD duplicator that can spit out 400 DVD's in one night, so that's covered. But that's the whole point....us DVINFO community people doing someting fun utilizing the resources we have. You never know...we mess around and win an oscar in 2008 from a DVINFO movie we do.

- ShannonRawls.com

Charles Papert February 2nd, 2006 12:18 PM

So just curious Shannon--if none of the delivery options would be HD, why shoot it in HD...? I'm guess I'm playing Devil's advocate here, because we'll be passing around some form of HD DVD's soon enough.

Chris Hurd February 2nd, 2006 12:33 PM

It's been done: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-...open-call.html

These days we have The DV Challenge: http://www.thedvchallenge.com

Shannon Rawls February 2nd, 2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
So just curious Shannon--if none of the delivery options would be HD, why shoot it in HD...?

Same reason we shoot Film for TV. It just looks better, wouldn't you agree? And who knows for the future.

The DV Challenge seemed more like a festival competition then a collaborative community effort. Could co-exsist with eachother if you ask me. And The LadyX episodes...Man, I never seen that before. Major cool. Where's the links? Where's the banners? It's hard to find stuff. Either way, the last shot was done in 2003 in SD. We are 2006 HD people now. *smile* And Lady X seemed to be done production company-by-production company rather then a collaborative effort.

But it's all good. Just an idea. *back to the test charts*

- ShannonRawls.com

Erik Rangel February 2nd, 2006 02:12 PM

I'm down.
Denver in the Hizzie!
Who's with me?

Mathieu Ghekiere February 2nd, 2006 02:46 PM

Would like to see Shannon act in them :-D

Charles Papert February 2nd, 2006 04:52 PM

Good point Shannon--I am now a believer of the advantages of shooting HD for SD delivery.

Once that edit workflow settles down for all formats and flavors of HD and I've taken the plunge and updated my computer, DV deck and monitor (groan...), I'm sure I'll be all HD, no looking back.

Ken Hodson February 2nd, 2006 10:07 PM

"I mean, #$%^....we have enough gear don't we? *smile*"

Sounds sweet Shan. I'll be later tonight to pick up the gear. Just leave the door open so I don't have to wake you ;>)

Sergio Perez February 3rd, 2006 09:28 AM

I'm in for Asia! Anyone from Hong Kong or Macau up to the chalenge?

Joe Carney February 3rd, 2006 02:25 PM

Shannon, the reason I mentioned google video is to show the whole world about dvinfo, not just it's members. I don't see the point in putting in this much effort just to show off to eachother...just mho. Google is free and if google likes it, they will promote it at no cost, and if they decide to sell it (any version) dvinfo keeps 75 percent and copyright. Google doesn't ask to own anything.
You can includes links and comments in the page that holds the video. No danger of not being associated with dvinfo.

Bill Schoaf February 3rd, 2006 02:46 PM

I'd be in (Chicago)...I think it's a good idea Shannon, especially for novices (ME) to just help out in any way possible during the shoot. Not necessarily behind the camera but in many other ways, as we all know if not only about being behind the cam. I think it would provide some great hands on experience doing whatever needed to be done to learn from some outstanding people here in a "real-time" environment. Just my 2 cents.

Jay Kavi February 3rd, 2006 08:25 PM

Shan, bomb idea! it be another great way to build some community here

Guest February 4th, 2006 12:01 AM

Everybody gets the same short script, but allowed to intepret it their own way.

Shannon,

That is a great idea. Several years ago when I lived around Hollywood, we did something sort of like that.

One script was given to six different directors, and they would pick their own cast, crew and make the decision on whether to make it a drama, or a comedy.

No one was allowed to see any of the footage till the end of the month when we would all sit around eating popcorn, etc., and all would see the completed shows. (That was done in a 3 camera studio.)

Man, what an experience!

You can imagine the vast difference between all the directors visions.

It was so much fun.