DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   How About A Great War Flick Tonight!? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/95211-how-about-great-war-flick-tonight.html)

Mike Teutsch May 28th, 2007 05:58 PM

How About A Great War Flick Tonight!?

Hoping not to offend anyone, ANYONE, let me extend my heart felt feelings of gratitude to the families of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and the freedom of the world on this Memorial Day!

Hoorah!

Let’s all watch a great war flick tonight!

Mike Teutsch
United States Army, 1967 to 1974

Bill Davis May 28th, 2007 07:17 PM

Mike,

Honest and heartfelt grattitude is NEVER offensive.

And I'll gladly add my voice of thanks - and prayers - for the memory of all those who've stood up to protect and defend ideals that have proven over time to be worth protecting.

Bless them all.

Greg Boston May 28th, 2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch (Post 687969)
Hoping not to offend anyone, ANYONE, let me extend my heart felt feelings of gratitude to the families of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and the freedom of the world on this Memorial Day!

Hoorah!

Let’s all watch a great war flick tonight!

Mike Teutsch
United States Army, 1967 to 1974

Of course I echo the sentiments of gratitude. And you'll be happy to know, that before I even saw this thread a moment ago, I spent all day watching war movies on AMC. I had forgotten how good Tora, Tora, Tora is. With all the factual accuracy and real (not CGI) FX work. A well made film all around.

-gb-

Lorinda Norton May 29th, 2007 12:02 AM

Well said, guys, and I couldn't agree more.

Heath McKnight May 31st, 2007 10:23 AM

I was laid up after my sinus surgery, so watching anything was kind of out of the question. But I'd love to watch Patton again soon, that's a great one.

heath

Mike Teutsch May 31st, 2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight (Post 689683)
I was laid up after my sinus surgery, so watching anything was kind of out of the question. But I'd love to watch Patton again soon, that's a great one.

heath

Oh My! I can fully relate to you on that matter. I had sinus surgery and a diviated septum corrected too years back and I would not recommend it for anyone who does not really need it. I did! Had to go back to work the next day and work through the whole healing process. One disadvantage of being self-employed. No fun at all.

Get well soon Heath.

Mike

Lorinda Norton May 31st, 2007 05:30 PM

Patton! One of my all-time favorites.

Some of us may be old enough to remember watching the TV series, “Combat” late at night, too. (I was just a little kid. :) Great show; Vic Morrow was so cool…

Hope you’re healing well, Heath. Sounds brutal!

Heath McKnight May 31st, 2007 10:40 PM

Thanks, gang. No fun, but at least I am getting some work done on some articles, etc.

heath