Carbon tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Carbon tripod

Today in the post I received my Kenro kenvt102c tripod with head.
For the price of this £200 first impressions out of the box are good. With the PXW X70 on top, it sits a good one foot above my eye line so I suspect I will seldom need to extend the lower legs. The fluid head seems to be about right for the weight of my camera. So I am well chuffed with this buy.
Have any others had any dealings with Kenro?
Old October 2nd, 2019, 02:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Carbon tripod

Donald, I am on the lookout for a new tripod and head therefore I look forward to your comments after use, your second impressions.

I have not had dealings with Kenro and a quick search on the Internet was not productive. I am wondering if Kenro is a re-branded Benro.

I shoot using a Sony AX100, an earlier consumer version of the PXW-X70 if you will and also a Lumix G9 with a 100-300 lens attached when shooting wildlife therefore the Kenro is about right regarding specifications and price.

I look forward to your comments regarding build and performance.

Cheers.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 06:05 AM   #3
Major Player

I went out for a bit yesterday with my new tripod. On long-range maybe 500 meters full zoom the video was jerky with a slight wind picking up vibration. but shorter distances this was not so noticeable. The bowl adjustment does not offer much adjustment so legs need to be reasonable setup first. Pan adjustment is very light and will take time to get used to. There is only the locking tab to put some extra friction on. The tilt works fine with an adjustable knob for friction. Although there is a leveling bubble I think I will buy another to mount on the Hotshoe as I was not convinced with the one on the head. Other than that I still think it's OK for the price.
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:43 PM   #4
Major Player

Many thanks for that. Long range in somewhat windy conditions is ‘normal’ for my shooting so I shall pass on this one. I must say I’m not surprised with your observations in this regard. I know that finding a tripod that is light-weight and inexpensive and does not have such limitations is well-nigh impossible. Cheers.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 02:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Lucky if you even class me as a hobbyist. But this is what I captured yesterday full zoom is12x with extended that's 24x. The second clip shows the shaky video without touching the tripod.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads