Question About the FSB 10 and FSB 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 9th, 2019, 12:54 PM   #1
Tourist

Question About the FSB 10 and FSB 8

Hey guys! I ordered a Sachtler Flowtech 100 tripod combo with a FSB 10 head to replace my FSB 8 and older Sachtler sticks and the new set came in last week. I pulled it out of the box and was absolutely floored by the quality of the Flowtech 100, the FSB 10 and even the tripod bag that came with the combo. Just unbelievable quality.

I'm now two shoots in on the new tripod and have fallen in love with the Flowtech sticks as they make the setup much easier than anything I've ever experienced in the past. I'm no longer annoyed when I need to raise or lower my tripod for any reason. It's just so easy. I also really like the FSB 10 and can see how the 100mm head and matching bowl will be a tremendous help for filming with a 100-400mm lens on my Sony FS7II.

All that being said, I did notice something right away on my FSB 10 and was hoping some of you who have one or who have used one can chime in. When I first put my FS7II on the FSB 10, the one thing that stood out to me was how the FSB 10 at the highest drag setting feels like it has less resistance than my FSB 8. If I set both fluid heads to their max pan and tilt settings of 5, the FSB 8 has more resistance to it, almost like it's more dampened. The FSB 10 still feels good, it just doesn't have the same resistance my FSB 8 has. This is especially true when panning.

I was wanting to know if any of you have ever noticed that difference or if anyone on this forum has an explanation as to why the bigger, heavier fluid head would have less resistance on the drag than its 75mm little brother. Is this normal, or is their possibly something wrong with mine? Thanks in advance!
Josh Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2019, 04:33 AM   #2
Vitec Group

Re: Question About the FSB 10 and FSB 8

Hi Josh,
we would like to measure the drag modules of your FSB 10. Could you contact me (Barbara.jaumann@vitecgroup.com) to discuss the details?

Barbara Jaumann
Product Manager Sachtler
Barbara Jaumann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads