DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Places to buy level bubble for tripods? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/84879-places-buy-level-bubble-tripods.html)

David Delaney January 26th, 2007 05:30 PM

Places to buy level bubble for tripods?
My bogen tripod head did not come with a bubble level, but I believe I have seen them someplace that you can buy separately. I guess it doesn't have to be a bogen bubble, just a run-of-the-mill generic one, right? Any stores that might have them or ideas?

David W. Jones January 26th, 2007 05:40 PM

Any hardware type store, Home Depot.

Boyd Ostroff January 26th, 2007 06:27 PM

I found a little stick-on bubble level at a local camera shop in a rack full of accessories. Only cost a few bucks and it works great. Unfortunately that was several years ago, and there is no manufacturer's name on the level...

Denis Danatzko January 28th, 2007 08:23 AM

I share your pain.
I've searched the web repeatedly for a nice small one. (I bought a few of the hardware store variety, but either the circumference or height/thickness has always been larger than my equipment has room for). I'd like to get some about the size of a dime or an M&M.

It seems that the instrument manufacturers are the only ones who have access to them. I found one in UK who sold them only in large quantities, but they never responded to my email.

Perhaps you'd have better luck than me. Please share your findings.

Boyd Ostroff January 28th, 2007 09:18 AM

I looked at B&H and found the level I've got:


Maybe a little larger than you want though, about 1 inch in diameter.

Jim Michael January 28th, 2007 09:42 AM

Google "spirit level" round

Ex. http://www.leveldevelopments.com/sur...lar-levels.htm

David Delaney January 28th, 2007 10:07 AM

I purchased one from Home Depot, which I will be returning because it is about 1.5 inches in diameter. I am going to try the camera stores and see (Henry's etc), but I was also turned on "RV" stores because I guess they carry stuff like that for leveling out RV and fridges or something? I am going to check that this week.
I wish my Bogen Tripod had the level - I need the DIME sized solution for a bubble - even the 20mm from the catalog you mention is a little big. I thought I saw Button sized ones in other tripods like this :
http://www.hankinslawrenceimages.com...cles/level.htm (on the bottom, on the left)

But I guess it is a matter of finding them.

Toenis Liivamaegi January 29th, 2007 08:10 AM

Spare Manfrotto/Bogen tripod level bubbles for $6!


David Delaney February 4th, 2007 10:06 AM

Thanks Toenis, that is a great link!

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2019 The Digital Video Information Network