DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   new nature demo reel with XLH1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/472290-new-nature-demo-reel-xlh1.html)

Fernando Ballesteros February 5th, 2010 03:38 AM

new nature demo reel with XLH1

i've just posted a new nature demo reel with images of landscapes and wildlife from my working area in northwest spain (also some capercaillies from pirinees and bear from cantabrian mountains in spain and from finland).
Is filmed with Canon XLH1 and Canon lenses, specially 400 mm, edited in Vegas.

This time i have tried to do something more than simply put wildlife clips one after other, but i am not sure if i have done it. Perhaps, it seems to me excesively slow, kind of new age...

and this is an old nature demo reel

thanks for watching
Fernando

Tony Davies-Patrick February 5th, 2010 04:56 AM

Very nice work, Fernando, especially the changing natural light and the cantabrian mountains sequence.

Annie Haycock February 5th, 2010 07:11 AM

Two very nice show-reels, and they brought back some good memories for me - though I didn't see bear in that area when I visited 20 years ago.

The title sequence in the 2010 reel is ingenious, but takes much too long - over 40 seconds. But once past that, it is great.

Mick Jenner February 6th, 2010 04:33 AM

Hi Fernando,

Love watching very much. You say you used canon 400mm lens, which model was it you used.

Mick

Fernando Ballesteros February 8th, 2010 03:00 AM

Thanks
Tony, some wildlife clips are the most difficult to obtein, but i also love especially this landscape images with changing lights, i am always looking for them. I see a lot of this fantastic light situations in nature but i ussually fail in capturing them.
Annie, i agree with the too long duration of the title sequence, but after a lot of work trying to do it i can't now shorten it (i am not the best of editors i know)
Mick I use Canon 100-400 IS zoom wich is a not very expensive lens but very usefull, i also use a Canon 100 mm macro lens but more of my macro work is done with the 100-400 in a kind of tele-macro.

Roger Van Duyn February 8th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando Ballesteros (Post 1481894)
i've just posted a new nature demo reel with images of landscapes and wildlife from my working area in northwest spain (also some capercaillies from pirinees and bear from cantabrian mountains in spain and from finland).
Is filmed with Canon XLH1 and Canon lenses, specially 400 mm, edited in Vegas.

This time i have tried to do something more than simply put wildlife clips one after other, but i am not sure if i have done it. Perhaps, it seems to me excesively slow, kind of new age...
Imágenes de la Naturaleza - Nature images (Demo Reel 2010) on Vimeo

and this is an old nature demo reel
Nature in northwestern Spain (Demo Reel 2007) on Vimeo

thanks for watching
Fernando

Fernando,

Your work is very good. I liked both demo reels. The title was a little long in the 2010 reel, but not really distracting at all. Great camera work.

Karl-David Arvidsson February 10th, 2010 04:01 AM

Very beautiful work Fernando! I like both of them very much and your camera work is great. I also like how you mix the clip with birds, animals, and nature!

Karl-David

YouTube - KDArvidsson11's Channel

Ken Diewert February 10th, 2010 10:18 AM

Very nice work Fernando. As an H1 owner who loves to shoot wildlife but doesn't have the the time to dedicate to it, it's great to see.

I know how much time it takes to do this kind of work.

Mat Thompson February 21st, 2010 04:57 PM

Great reel Fernando. Loving the Caper and Bear material and your macro work is lovely. I think you could loose a few of the intro/setting shots but it also works very nicely with them. There are maybe too many statics though...some more camera movement in the subject shots would take it even higher!!