DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Kestrel project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/511869-kestrel-project.html)

Cees van Kempen November 4th, 2012 07:42 AM

Kestrel project

Here is a trailer of a film in production, that will give a treasured insight into the unknown life of a familiar bird.

This is a private video. To watch it click on 'private video' in the bar on top of the screen below and use password: iwp1

Mick Jenner November 4th, 2012 11:15 AM

Re: Kestrel project

Wow, that was great. No doubt aimed for broadcast, when completed please post where it will be available to see. Mick

Bryce Comer November 4th, 2012 11:55 AM

Heeel mooi, dankjewel Cees! Yes please let us know how/when we can see the finished version. Absolutely stunning stuff!!
Regards,
Bryce

Gerd Kogler November 4th, 2012 09:35 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the peep into you Kestrel project with its variety of shots on display; and all executed to perfection.
Fabulous work!

Cheers,
Gerd

Vishal Jadhav November 5th, 2012 10:19 AM

Wow
This is amazing
Love the time lapses and the kestrel footage is breath taking
Superb work
Waiting to see the full version

Vishal

Ps logged into this site after 3 months and you made my day by this performance, truly a artist at work

Andy Wilkinson November 5th, 2012 10:44 AM

Cees,

That was superb in every way! Thank you for sharing.

Markus Nord November 5th, 2012 12:06 PM

superb!! Thank you for sharing...
I would love to know some BTS (camera, set up, etc) on this.

Nate Haustein November 5th, 2012 12:26 PM

Excellent! The nest shots were wonderful and the landscapes were simply perfect. A great short film to watch on a Monday morning :)

Cees van Kempen November 5th, 2012 02:14 PM

Thanks for all the positive responses. Yes, it is aimed for broadcast. The project is in proces and will be completed in 2013. I will keep you informed.

Markus: most of it is shot with EX3/nanoflash, two slomo shots in the trailer with FS700.

Alastair Traill November 5th, 2012 09:54 PM

Hi Cees,

Fantastic work and I liked the details such as the young kestrel investigating the slug. However I am not so sure about some of the slider shots of the surroundings, I think I would have preferred that the camera was stationary. What do others think?

Bryce Comer November 6th, 2012 01:05 AM

HI Cees,
Can i ask what lenses you're using with your EX3?
Thanks in advance,
Bryce.

Sabyasachi Patra November 6th, 2012 04:33 AM

Hi Cees,
This is lovely. I like it a lot. I was wondering how you did the slow motion shots and then saw that you have used FS700. Keep us posted about the developments. All the best.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Alan Melville November 6th, 2012 07:11 AM

Cees, They're a beatiful bird, I love watching them here in OZ.

That looks like a couple of years, if not more, of long, long hours.

Very well done.

Al

Cees van Kempen November 6th, 2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryce Comer (Post 1762326)
HI Cees,
Can i ask what lenses you're using with your EX3?
Thanks in advance,
Bryce.

Bryce,

Besides the standard lens I use Nikon still lenses. Mainly 80-200 F/2.8 and 300 F/4. Recently bought a 200-400 F/4, but no shots of that in the trailer. On the FS700 I also use 17-55 F/2.8 and Tokina 11-16 F/2.8.

Bryce Comer November 7th, 2012 10:26 PM

Thanks Cees,
I am just starting out with an EX3 & some Nikon glass, so i'm trying to find out all i can about what lenses work best. Your promo of the Kestral film is absolutely stunning so it's good to know the sort of quality i should be aiming for!!

Bryce