DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Who wants to be the field guide for this group? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/56358-who-wants-field-guide-group.html)

Chris Hurd December 19th, 2005 08:40 AM

Who wants to be the field guide for this group?

Somebody please nominate a moderator, you know a good "DV Info" style person who has what it takes, and I'll do my best to strong-arm, cajole, swindle, trick or otherwise do whatever is neccessary to install them as this board's wrangler(s).

K. Forman December 19th, 2005 10:28 AM

Hey- I think Chris has a great idea here! There will be times this could come in handy- Thanks!

And since you've done a great job starting this new area, I nominate Chris Hurd!
Come on folks! A round of applause for our hero!

Chris Hurd December 19th, 2005 11:11 AM

Ah, no, that wouldn't do, because it would have to be somebody who actually knows what they're doing.

Mick Jenner December 19th, 2005 11:20 AM

Well done Chris for setting this up. There have been many asking for this forum so I am sure you will find somebody to administer it. I would offer myself but unforunatly I spend to much time away from the computer to be of use.
Come now, now its here lets make sure its used.

Regards

Mick

Brendan Marnell December 19th, 2005 05:54 PM

In first name alpha order I have found the following helpful & experienced re wildlife videography and if that's the main criteria for a moderator I'd happily nominate any of them that's not already too busy wrangling (or otherwise):

Bob Safay, Meryem Ersoz, Steve McDonald, Steve Siegel

For helpful insights on choice and use of equipment I'd nominate Shawn Mielke. If he's at all into wildlife videography he'd be my first choice.

If this sort of approach encourages chaos rather than democracy don't hesitate to scrub it, Chris.

Meryem Ersoz December 20th, 2005 09:46 AM

the wildlife forum idea originated with bob safay, so i would say offer it to him first. his idea, he should have right of first refusal. plus, he's a knowledgeable guy!

i'd be interested, if he is not. i think i lobbied hardest...

Greg Boston December 20th, 2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz
i'd be interested, if he is not. i think i lobbied hardest...

Ooooh...Ooooh. Chris, you've got a bite...hurry, set the hook and start reeling before she gets away. (smile)

Meryem, I think you'd be a great addition to the moderator ranks. Being a dog lover certainly helps your qualifications in my book.

-gb-

Meryem Ersoz December 20th, 2005 03:18 PM

har. my dog has been along on plenty of outdoor shoots and starred in one DV challenge video. she used to get excited when she saw me pick up her leash. now she starts jumping around when i pick up a camera. maybe *she* should be the moderator.

p.s. now that we've had a peek at dylan's dog, don't you think it is time misty stepped up?

Brendan Marnell December 21st, 2005 08:22 AM

Having just read Meryem's post August 8th 2005 on Acquiring Scenic/Nature HD Content for the first time (and trawled many other posts by her and others), I nominate Meryem to be our field guide.

I wish you and DVInfo continuing success Meryem.

Brendan

Steven Davis December 21st, 2005 08:54 AM

I nominate Peter Jackson, his work on King Kong was great...... I wonder if we can afford him.

Chris Hurd December 21st, 2005 09:23 AM

I wonder if I can afford his personal trainer. Now that person gets results!

Meryem Ersoz December 21st, 2005 10:09 AM

*sally field mode on*

he likes me! he really likes me!

*sally field mode off*

thank you, brendan, that's kind of you to say....

Brendan Marnell December 21st, 2005 10:29 AM

Now Paddy Field I know well; runs a chinese takeaway around the corner, but Sally, well I'd be delighted to meet her Meryem but she sounds mysterious, maybe latin, a relative of salix boydii perhaps who must be a friend of Boyd Ostroff but that's gossip and you're going to be too busy for that ...

Bob Safay December 23rd, 2005 08:30 AM

My friends. It is an honor to be recommended to head this forum. Yes, I was the one to suggest it, but it was all of you that worked to get Chris to give it to us. However, I am afraid that due to my travel schedule over the next year that I must decline this offer. I recommend that Meryem have the honor. I know it will be in good hands and that she will keep us all in line. With that I officially nominate Meryem Ersoz to be our new keeper. Bob Safay

Mick Jenner December 23rd, 2005 08:54 AM

Seconded

regards

Mick