DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #6 "Insomnia" by Meryem Ersoz (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/108408-uwol-6-insomnia-meryem-ersoz.html)

Trond Saetre November 22nd, 2007 05:06 PM

Meryem, I loved what I watched here.
You make quality video, that's for sure!

I thought you were driving a lot faster than 5mph.

All the clips were really good.
Thanks for sharing!

If shooting the "night" was hard, the judging this round will be even harder. So many great videos have been produced this round. Your video is definitely one of them.

Bryce Comer November 23rd, 2007 05:47 AM

Meryem,
Congratulations on a fantastic film. I really loved the second clip, shot through the trees. The colour in the foreground of the shot was beautiful contrasting with the silhouettes of the trees & the mountains in the background. I also liked the way your film was constantly moving, with some really interesting shots like the one looking up into the tree whilst spinning around, & the one where you were walking up the stairs/rocks. The music fit perfectly too! I loved it.

Bryce

Gordon Hoffman November 24th, 2007 09:15 AM

Meryem
When I first watched this I was wondering if you where using your plastic tripod again ;). I can never get anything usable with a monopod. Things are really interesting at night. Nice work.

Gordon Hoffman

Bob Safay November 24th, 2007 11:04 AM

Meryem, Excellant. I truely enjoyed watching your video. I especially like the shot of you walking on the path toward the bridge. I tried to get a shot like that but nothing I did came even close to yours. My other favorite shots were the closeup of the plants. Very fine detail. During the driving scene I kept waiting for the deer to come flying out of the darkness. Great job. Bob

Meryem Ersoz November 25th, 2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Hoffman (Post 781067)
Meryem
When I first watched this I was wondering if you where using your plastic tripod again ;). I can never get anything usable with a monopod. Things are really interesting at night. Nice work.

Gordon Hoffman

that's funny. the A1 already strains ye olde plastic tripod to its limit--the addition of the camera light absolutely would have pushed it over the edge. and this round i was definitely pushing the limits of this poor little 'pod.

thanks for the positive comments, you all. it was fun to put up a real entry, i spent 3 nights shooting, 2 nights (one long insomnia night) and one day editing...and that's the most i've ever been able to muster on either a DVC or UWOL entry--that's the peril of doing this as a business, not so much time or energy left over for making the fun stuff.

but as john dennis robertson already observed, i felt that i had a little something to prove to everybody with the theme selection....as it turned out, i was wrong because 19 other players showed that this could be an interesting theme. thanks for sticking it out with me. things will be soooo light and easy in february!

Trond Saetre November 25th, 2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 781522)
things will be soooo light and easy in february!

Sounds like a "bright" theme, haha. :)