DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #7 Theme Announcement...This Way to the Rabbit Hole! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/113724-uwol-7-theme-announcement-way-rabbit-hole.html)

Jurgen Geevels February 1st, 2008 11:50 AM

Are we supposed to get a mail,log in and all ?
Because I haven't got anything yet, I'm curious!

Catherine Russell February 1st, 2008 11:53 AM

No worries there Meryem! A farm just won't do for this one! This one has to be dangerous.

Cat

Meryem Ersoz February 1st, 2008 12:21 PM

jurgen, an instructional e-mail is forthcoming--i have 58 email addresses to organize first, it will get to you in another day or two.

if you need clarification, go to the rules at http://www.uwolchallenge.com/contest_rules.htm

upload password won't be released until the first player done shoots me an email and tells me he/she is ready--then you will all get them.

right now, all you have to do is think of your approach, get out there, and get shooting editing...

cat, i like the sound of dangerous!

Dale Guthormsen February 1st, 2008 01:27 PM

Meryem,

I have been waiting,and waiting. I was at the computer at 6:30 am, not posted yet. Drove off into the dark to do some filming in the -25 degree temperatures. numed the fingers more than once, hoofed back to the truck to warm up. Then the wind started kicking up!! I did get some good grouse footage, antelope and a female snowey owl. It was an adventure.

You did not dissapoint on this theme!!!

Adventure definitions:

1. an exciting and unusual experience

2. participating in exciting undertakings

3. risky undertakings

4. to take a chance

5. hazardous venture

6. bold undertaking.

that makes it pretty wide open!!

I might have to make two of these!!!

Geir Inge February 1st, 2008 01:56 PM

I feel the same as you Dale.
It's always exciting to wait for what Meryem will host up for theme.
To shortn my waiting I went off to visit my parents, at the little island where they live. I hope to film a blizzard tomorrow as the weather report "promise" me so. I have no idea for an adventure story yet, though.

Geir Inge

Bob Safay February 1st, 2008 04:26 PM

This is great, I actually leave for a week in San Diego my first time there) starting tomorrow. An adventure it will be. Bob

Bryce Comer February 1st, 2008 07:05 PM

I actually leave to go & see my friend in Rossland Canada on the 14th of this month, that will be an adventure! I guess i could take the laptop with me, i will definately be taking my HV 20, but i'm not sure i would be leaving myself enough time though to get anything done. Hmm, better get a plan B. Just have to make sure, unlike last round, i leave myself enough time for the editing. Actually, after last round, maybe i better simply make a plan!

Bryce

Burak Erginer February 2nd, 2008 12:44 PM

ADvEnTuRe

well Meryem I really began to wonder how your brain works about the themes :)) What about marriage the greatest adventure ever :)..

Dale Guthormsen February 2nd, 2008 01:10 PM

Well, it is always a challange!!!!

Have a couple of ideas for a theme.

Going on an adventure this afternoon, mayy even film it.

I spent all morning building my own music for what ever I do go with.

I opened auditon, turned on record, did a few licks, then dove into the nitty gritty. I got about a minute and half of some decent background audio. it took four tracks to get it to sound the way I wanted.

gotta love the digital revolution!!!

Kind of backwards, build the audio---shoot the video?????

It was to cold to go out side earlier.

can't wait to get the camera out this afternoon.

Markus Nord February 3rd, 2008 10:27 AM

Great theme Meryem... I got a super idea, the WebTV will be continued.

Trond Saetre February 3rd, 2008 04:10 PM

A very interesting theme. It sure will be a big challenge.
I have already tried doing a bit this weekend, but I think it ended up being more fun (rule #11) than productive.

Moayad Hassan February 6th, 2008 07:44 PM

I must say that I have a mixed feeling between excitement and disappointment !

I'm disappointed because over the next few weeks I will be stuck between family visits and doing research for collage, so it is as far away from "adventure" as it can get :p

At the same time I am excited to see what you guys will be doing with such an interesting theme :)

Good luck for all

Chris Eugster February 10th, 2008 11:43 PM

Unfortunately I just got back from an adventure. Might have to bow out this time since I have a trip for work starting Sunday.