DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #11 : "The River" by Kevin J Railsback (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/136478-uwol-11-river-kevin-j-railsback.html)

Meryem Ersoz April 5th, 2009 03:58 PM

*smack smack*

Annie Haycock April 6th, 2009 05:49 AM

Congratulations on the award. Meryem's right, and so are you. Being a half full kind of person, who hasn't yet made much headway in this discipline, I see it both ways. Enjoy the accolade. Being at the top does have that disadvantage of where do you go next. So now you need to look at it from a different point of view. Strive for perfection on a different aspect - the longer form, a different type of subject, etc.

Dale Guthormsen April 9th, 2009 05:25 PM

kevin,

Congratulations of winning the gold, only one preson gets to do that. Your skills are at a pretty high level, but there is always room for improvement even if others do not see it. I am sure there are some things you'd change. I think it is awesome that you use uwol to spring off from!!!

You are an inspiration!!

You always seem fit to be tied in what to do then pull the cat out of the hat!!!

I pul out jekels that hekel.

I truly look forward to what you put up for the long form!!!!

Marj Atkins April 15th, 2009 04:46 AM

Congratulations Kevin!! - Well done and most certainly well deserved. You are an inspiration to all of us. Congrats to you Bob as well for your excellent narration.

Kevin Railsback April 17th, 2010 08:58 PM

Just got word that "The River" has moved into the final round of judging for the Iowa Motion PIcture Association 2010 Awards in the category of Directory of Photography - Electronic.
I'm up against an almost ten million dollar film shot on two Red One's and a crew of over 130 people. So, not really expecting to beat that one but nice to know I made it to the final round with them.

Trond Saetre April 18th, 2010 06:35 AM

Very good, Kevin!
A proof that a great film doesn't need a multi million dollar budget.
Hope you win!

Geir Inge April 19th, 2010 11:59 AM

Congratulation to you Kevin!

Mat Thompson April 20th, 2010 07:22 AM

Yeti's have mystical powers with the 60fps :-) - Onward and upward fella and well done!

Dale Guthormsen April 21st, 2010 09:58 AM

Kevin,

that is awesome, congratulations; Maybe the prior judges were right and you could still do beater than you think against the pinko Reds. LOL

Dale

Bob Safay April 25th, 2010 05:30 AM

Kevin, this is great news. Congradulations. I thought the River was one of the best short videos I hsve seen. I am still amazed by your color in the opening shots. I was up in your neck of the woods last week, I was in Dechora shooting a lead awairness video with the Winneshiek County Health Department. Beautiful rolling farmland. So anain, congradulations and pleae keep us all posted. Bob