DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Chris Swanberg's Daughter Needs your prayers and support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/473907-chris-swanbergs-daughter-needs-your-prayers-support.html)

Sam Mendolia March 3rd, 2010 10:10 AM

As a parent and someone who works in a Hospital, I have seen Medical Technology do great things.

My prayers are with you, and I hope she has a speedy recovery, she sounds like great fighter, which will help in with a positive outcome.

Shaun Roemich March 3rd, 2010 12:32 PM

Brother, all the best of wishes to you and your family and may the hands and minds of those that care for your daughter be guided by that which we may never fully know or understand.

Finn-Erik Faale March 3rd, 2010 03:54 PM

A younger colleague of me had this frightening illness few month ago.
She is now with good health and back in work.
Chris, I hope Katie will get the same improvement.

Best wishes!

Finn-Erik

Meryem Ersoz March 3rd, 2010 08:49 PM

Chris - so, so sorry to hear this news. I'm sending good vibes and prayers to you and your family. Tell your daughter she has people all over the world who are wishing her back to good health...

my best to you - I'll be on a Grand Canyon trip until April 3, leaving soon, and I only hope that I can return to good news for you and Katie...

Chris Barcellos March 3rd, 2010 09:51 PM

I have had some contact with Chris Swanberg tonight, and his daughter is "consolidating" in his words. He believes and and his medical doctor sister also believes that she may be turning the corner on this thing......but lets not turn of the good vibes and prayers now !

Marj Atkins March 4th, 2010 01:23 AM

Really sorry to hear about your daughter Chris. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you Chris for the update - that is welcome news. We trust that Katie will continue to improve.

Marj

Bill Thesken March 4th, 2010 01:37 AM

We're pulling for you Katie, in thoughts and prayers. Today is Girls Day in Japan and Hawaii, because you are the best part of this world.

Chris Swanberg March 4th, 2010 04:01 AM

Thanks to you all

Well, her "improved" status meant a lot of activity for Katie today...a CT Scan, an echocardiogram etc... but it left her pretty fragile and worn out...from almost NO blood pressure meds this am to pretty heavy ones for tonight's dialysis. (which finished a bit ago, hence the late night report) They took off only todays infusion volume tonight. Poor Katie just lies there unconsciously sedated (and so fluid overloaded she is blistering and leaking fluids everywhere) and let me tell you seeing all this is tremendously difficult as a parent. My doctor sister tells me not to worry - and that Katie is doing really well and she is highly optimistic for a great outcome. Maybe I just need to have Katie squeeze my hand to believe that fully.

Your kind words and prayers are very much appreciated. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Chris Swanberg

ps. Chris Barcellos, kind soul that he is, neglected to mention he is going into a local hospital in the AM for an angiogram with possible stent, or, depending on the outcome, and later, bypass surgery. Keep HIM in your thoughts too.

pps. GEEZE, you'd think Sacramento DVInfo'ers were all addicted to visiting hospitals! (weak attempt at humor here).

Kevin Railsback March 4th, 2010 05:42 AM

Chris,

Katie is certainly in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping she has a speedy and full recovery!!

Chris B,

Good luck to you today also sir. Hope everyone reports back with good news about you and Katie very soon!

Reed Hewitt March 4th, 2010 07:54 AM

Chris, I can't imagine what you are going through. You and Katie are in my prayers.

Reed

Bryce Comer March 4th, 2010 06:12 PM

Hi Chris,
Here's hoping for a quick & speedy recovery for your daughter. I hope too that your family is doing ok with all this.

Chris B,
Hope everything went well today. Looking forward to seeing you back online very soon!!

Regards,
Bryce

Oliver Pahlow March 5th, 2010 08:59 AM

I have a 25 year old Son. My heart goes out to Katie and hope for a speedy recovery.

Chris Barcellos March 5th, 2010 09:53 AM

My report:

Best news, I think, possible... no stent, though a 30% blockage detected. Major threat by cardiologist to reshape my life style with a cardio rehab....By the way, no man in his right mind would ask for a foley cathiter to be installed while he is concious...

Bill Thesken March 5th, 2010 11:48 AM

That's great news Chris. And a good kick in the pants from the cardiologist to shape things up! That will keep you motivated.

Bruce Foreman March 10th, 2010 10:37 PM

How are things going for Chris Swanberg's daughter?

Chris Barcellos, glad you got the report you did. You can make some changes, blockage can be reversed by diet and exercise. Happened for me some time back.