DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 19 Tales of Wonder & Woe (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/491112-uwol-19-tales-wonder-woe.html)

Mike Sims February 2nd, 2011 11:18 AM

UWOL 19 Tales of Wonder & Woe

Last week it was sunny and in the 70’s. Today, gray windy 20’s. How many are waiting out the February weather to get in motion on this theme?

Ryan Farnes February 2nd, 2011 01:33 PM

Big ice storm just missed the Washington DC area. Temperatures in the 40s' F today. T2i arrived yesterday. Anxious to find some stationary animals to point at and try out the movie crop. So, so sad it is only standard def (640x480), but I'm really interested to see how insanely close I can get to stuff.

Anyways, the pieces are in place, just need to decide how to depict "motion."

Geir Inge February 3rd, 2011 06:31 AM

Heavy wind and rain over here,
but I hope the weather will change so I can go out and do some shooting this weekend :)
Not much of that stuff lately.
Hopefully I will get a good idea too.
Motion, motion...?
I'm blowing in the wind ;)
Good luck to you all, folks.

Bob Thieda February 3rd, 2011 08:52 AM

Third highest snow fall in the Chicago area ever...20.2"

You would think I could have done something with that, but no, I just shoveled snow...

Trond Saetre February 4th, 2011 10:46 AM

We got a storm over here this weekend. But I might take advantage of that and hopefully I can straighten up my story and film my entry this weekend. Have a rough idea about what I want.

Dale Guthormsen February 4th, 2011 03:53 PM

Ahhhh,

ther weather is grand here, -1 or 30 f, almost no wind, positively balmy.

Was out with camera today and couldn't find a rock to film, still to much snow on the ground.

Trond Saetre February 6th, 2011 11:33 AM

Done some filming this weekend.
Didn't expect as deep powder snow as I got here. (about 0,5-1 meter) so things turned out a bit different than planned.
Change of locations and partly also the story and scenery.

Bob Hart February 6th, 2011 03:24 PM

Slightly off-topic and not a contest entry, so please forgive my indulgence.

YouTube - ROLEY FIRE 2.wmv

This bushfire is a little uncomfortably close to the home. Up to 36 houses lost on the other side of the hill where the fire ran with the easterly winds.

Catherine Russell February 7th, 2011 12:01 PM

Hey Bob:

My heart aches for better days in your neck of the woods! If it's not damaging brush fires it's torrential rains and flooding!

Cat

Kevin McRoberts February 7th, 2011 08:00 PM

Why oh why oh why did I storyboard nocturnal animal activity when I'm shooting with an HVX200?

Masochism. Must be.

Trond Saetre February 8th, 2011 05:31 AM

Hi Bob,
Hope the fire doesn't come closer to your home. That's scary!

Matt Fowler February 9th, 2011 08:27 AM

Hello all,
Hope it is going good for everyone, As for me here in Kansas it is terrible this last two weeks we have gotten around 20" of snow just about to beat the 1894 record already this year.

Have a great day,
Matt Fowler

David Elkins February 9th, 2011 01:12 PM

Well, my first shoot did not yield the footage I was hoping for so I drove 3 hours south of where I live where the same phenomenon occurs and I am most pleased with the results. Great access and huge numbers of animals. Just about done editing. I am feeling for you guys in the snow and cold, I had to suffer through 70 degrees and bright sun ;-). Bit of a cold snap today, only supposed to be 63.

Dale Guthormsen February 10th, 2011 10:01 AM

Good Morning,

Good to see others are getting the job done!!!

My first idea has been shot out of the window, well not really it has been trashed, wished I could have shot out the window!

Can't seem to come up with anything new that would not be the same old stuff.

I may have to get the swim suit out! But then I did not really sign up anyway.

As timmy said,

"God Bless Everyone"

Trond Saetre February 11th, 2011 01:12 PM

Come on, Dale. The sharks are not ready for your company yet.
Still plenty time to come up with an alternative idea. You are always good at finding the wildlife, and they always are in motion! :)

Hope everyone is doing well!