DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   It Is Time! Meet and Greet the Judge for UWOL 19 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/491805-time-meet-greet-judge-uwol-19-a.html)

Catherine Russell February 15th, 2011 04:51 PM

It Is Time! Meet and Greet the Judge for UWOL 19

Hi everyone:

It is time. We have the very special opportunity to welcome an exceptionally talented writer/producer/director and filmmaker who is highly esteemed in the television media world and a newcomer to this forum. Please welcome my friend and neighbor:

Kenneth Wajda of
DENVER BOULDER VIDEO | Kenneth Wajda | Colorado Video and Film Production | 303.823.6399

Ken is a Colorado-based producer and director. He worked as a news photojournalist for 13 years before starting his television production company, Denver Boulder Video, in 2001. His client list includes the American Cable Association, Whole Foods, Webroot Software and the U.S. Air National Guard, and has produced for network television including The Montel Williams Show and TruTV. Having a strong regard for story as a way to communicate and empower people, Kenneth was instrumental in starting the Air National Guards Wingman Project in 2009, which he wrote and directed a series of PSAs for this powerful and emotional suicide prevention campaign. He serves on the selection committee of the Boulder International Film Festival and also produces narrative films. His short, Morning Honey, is currently playing the national film festival circuit.

Ken's talent keeps him keenly interested in film of all venues and genres and he was thrilled to be a part of the UWOL family as judge for this round.

So please bring a hearty welcome to Ken, and remember...

Films are due THIS SUNDAY the 20th at 11:59 P.M. your time zone. So what does this mean? It means that no matter where you are in the world, if it is Sunday evening and you are still cranking on your film and you just finish it up and upload it before it is Monday morning, you are in :)

All the best to everyone! I'm looking forward to some spectacular entries. And Thank You Ken, for your time and dedication to our UWOL 19 group.

Cat

Kevin Railsback February 15th, 2011 04:59 PM

Hey Ken,

Welcome to UWOL.
My mothers maiden name was Wajda.

Geir Inge February 15th, 2011 05:17 PM

Hi Kenneth and welcome to Uwol.
Hope you will enjoy our films, we do :)
And I guess you have a tough job infront of you, judging some great "motion" pictures ;)

Geir Inge

Mike Sims February 15th, 2011 05:43 PM

Welcome Kenneth.

Trond Saetre February 16th, 2011 03:50 AM

Welcome to the UWOLfamily, Kenneth.

David Chilson February 16th, 2011 08:44 AM

A few questions from a first timer.

Are we supposed to receive an email with a "code" so we can upload our entry and if so when does that happen?

What is proper etiquette for posting a copy on this site and when should we do it?

How much money is appropriate to send Kenneth and does one's "placement" in the contest correlate directly to the amount? ;)

Thanks

Trond Saetre February 16th, 2011 09:04 AM

David,
Check your email. I just sent a copy of the upload instructions to you.

You should already have received an email from Catherine with the upload instructions. (the one I sent a copy of to you now)
Did you remember to send an email to uwol@spikeproductions.com when you signed up for the challenge?

After the deadline, you are encouraged to post a feedback thread for your film here on the forum.
If possible include a link to your film on the uwol website, and also to additional websites where you may have your film. (ex youtube or vimeo or your own website)

David Chilson February 16th, 2011 09:31 AM

Trond,

Thanks, I received it. I did send in my email prior to the start and received an email confirming that, but haven't seen anything since. My spam folder "over runnith" and combined with my getting on in years I can pretty much miss anything.

I did read the video size has to be 428X240 (16x9) with a 60MB limit. Not really sure how to do that for best quality using CS5 so I will have to research that.

Thanks again for your help.

Catherine Russell February 16th, 2011 10:36 AM

Hi David:

I've double-checked my e-mail list and you are indeed in my address book and are included in the UWOL 19 bulk e-mail group.

Hopefully, you are now in the know as far as instructions to upload your film since Trond jumped in and resent the info. Thanks Trond!

You did the right thing Dave. Any questions concerning the UWOL contest can be posted to the forum as well as in an e-mail directly to me at uwol@spikeproductions.com.

Looking forward to your entry.

Cat

Trond Saetre February 16th, 2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Chilson (Post 1618747)
I did read the video size has to be 428X240 (16x9) with a 60MB limit. Not really sure how to do that for best quality using CS5 so I will have to research that.

David, not to "hijack" this thread with tech questions, either post a question in the Adobe Premiere subforum, a new thread here in the uwol forum, or shoot me an email if you have specific uwol encoding questions for Premiere. (I'm using CS3). The media encoder will do a pretty decent job for you. But for even better quality, you might want to check out Sorenson Squeeze in the future.

David Chilson February 16th, 2011 04:02 PM

Trond,

I opened up a new thread, Thanks