DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL#19 The Cat and The Moon (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/492118-uwol-19-cat-moon.html)

Geir Inge February 22nd, 2011 01:18 PM

UWOL#19 The Cat and The Moon

I haven’t been very active at uwol lately and the reason is different kind of things that happens in life.
My plan A was to film different kind of places with different kind of movements, and so I did.
Still I didn’t have enough time to finish the editing process.
And as time ran out I decided to use my plan B.
It is a mix of five things and that is: a cat, the full moon, fresh water and color, topped with some relaxing music.
Yes there is motion in this video, but no real story. Why bother to upload a video?
I didn’t want to swim with the sharks this round too, simple as that.

Trond Saetre February 22nd, 2011 01:31 PM

Hei Geir Inge,

It doesn't have to be a fancy film to be interesting. I enjoyed your film. The calm movement of the moon, nice shots!!, the more fast paced cat...

Thank you for sharing.
(I agree with you, the shark tank is not a fun place to be)

Mick Jenner February 23rd, 2011 08:27 AM

Re: UWOL#19 The Cat and The Moon

Hi Gier,

Well filmed and put together. I did how ever find it all a bit slow, needed bigger veriety of clips.
But well done for putting something together, its not easy to do that when you find yourself with limited useable material.

Mick

Mike Sims February 23rd, 2011 10:10 AM

Hi Geir Inge! I’m glad you managed to stay out of the shark tank this time- I didn’t! I’m even more glad you were able to be with us again this round and hope you will be here again in April. I really liked the colored water shots. Very nice.

Catherine Russell February 23rd, 2011 01:09 PM

Hey friend:

It is so nice to have you with us again. Is life settling down a bit for you? All well? How is your dad?

Geir, you have artistic flare with everything you do. Even a film "to stay out of the shark tank" has the Geir Inge hallmark of quality shooting.

Also, remember that you are welcome to post plan A at any time for feedback and review if you are still inspired to complete it in your own timing.

Best to you!

Cat

Dale Guthormsen February 23rd, 2011 09:02 PM

Geir,

Alright, pump up the music and I think you almost have a james bond entro!! Perhaps a couple sillouttes needed to be added!!!

did you use particle illusion for the smoke layer???

Definitely interesed inhow you did that!!

Well done!! From slow paced film maker Dale; Lets see a pumped up version!!!

I too went out of my way to stay out of the shark tank this time!!!

Geir Inge March 3rd, 2011 06:34 AM

Hi and thank you all for comments ;)
I didn't want to swim in the tank so I just put this short together in a hurry. Also had one of my exams in the middle of this round of uwol, and I did past :)

Trond: About the shark tank, I've been there and didn't like it very much ;)

Mick: It should have been shorter and in my opinion and slower when it comes to the cats movement. Also a wider range of shots of the cat, some close ups. My idea was to show the cats movement in slow motion :) It's "crazy" to see how the cat can turn around in the air, move it's body and always land on it's feet. The moon I did speed up a bit.

Mike: When it comes to April I'm not sure if I can stay with you, because I have a main exam on April the 14. If Catherine is good to shift the deadline a week later, I may join you (?).

Catherine: My father is fine and so am I and my family, thank you for asking. I am very busy, and I guess there is more of us out there, so my plan A have to wait till the summer. I did buy me some new gear for uwol 19, modo steady for my "tiny" HV30 cm, and did want to use it but time ran out on me. Also bought me a stand to fasten on the car side window, have tried it and it works fine :)

Dale: There's nothing extraordinary about this short. What I did is to put together 3 layers of film upon eachother and woops there I had it :) First I filmed some colored water in one of my wifes flower vase, then I put the cat layer upon, and then the moon. Both with the colored water in the bottom. I made the cat layer and the moon layer some transparent and that's it :)

Geir Inge

Catherine Russell March 3rd, 2011 09:16 AM

"Mike: When it comes to April I'm not sure if I can stay with you, because I have a main exam on April the 14. If Catherine is good to shift the deadline a week later, I may join you (?)."

Hey Geir!

I don't think I can shift the deadline date, but remember you can always submit a non-competitive entry after the deadline expires for feedback, comment and praise :)

Cat

Geir Inge March 3rd, 2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 1624031)
Hey Geir!

I don't think I can shift the deadline date, but remember you can always submit a non-competitive entry after the deadline expires for feedback, comment and praise :)

Cat

No worries, it's allright Catherine, but I just had to ask :)