DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Tales.of wonders and woes - UWOL 29 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/521948-tales-wonders-woes-uwol-29-a.html)

Paul Wood March 21st, 2014 03:06 PM

Re: Tales.of wonders and woes - UWOL 29

Hi all,

Trond, Spain is great, as it always was, but we are certainly noting the ¨crisis!¨ Still awaiting our removals van to arrive from Brazil with most of my lighting kit, but I am assured it will arrive by the end of the month.......

Hopefully, Saturday is my main shooting day, weather permitting, but I've been working on some graphics and music in the meantime.
Looking forward to the weekend to begin to get things together for my first UWOL from the northern hemisphere!

Trond Saetre March 22nd, 2014 01:44 AM

Paul, you still haven't received all your stuff yet? That's taken a long while now.

Ralph, good luck with today's filming. Hope you get what you want and need.

Andrew Hood March 22nd, 2014 06:42 PM

I think I've simplified my idea enough to make it achievable. So now it comes down to the weather being OK on my days off to get what I need. And if I can make something good from the idea.
I have the FS100, learning how to use it - but I'm having issues with my Metabones adapter when it drifts the iris and occasionally does a focus near infinity for no reason (manual everything on the camera). Maybe it doesn't like my Sigma 50mm 1.4. I can always use the kit Sony 18-200mm but I want some DOF control. Many of the shots will be short, so it might be alright. Or maybe I can rotate the lens in its mount so the pins disengage.

Mike Sims March 23rd, 2014 11:27 AM

I started on two projects that had to be abandoned so I’ve made a late start on Plan C. I think I got the last of the footage I needed yesterday when it was warm and sunny. This morning is cold, grey and very windy. I should have enough time for editing so I think I’m in with a chance of finishing. Good-luck to anyone else that has made a late start of it.

Ralph Gereg March 24th, 2014 10:12 AM

Thanks Trond, unfortunately I didnt make it out on Friday or Saturday...but I was able to spend the entire day Sunday out on the Myakka River trying to get my shots. Weather was perfect, water was glassy smooth and uh-oh the river was full of boats... thus scaring away my subject matter, couldnt get a good shot to save my life. I did get some stuff I'm hoping to use, but I wont know for sure until I can download and review later this evening.

My last hope may lie in getting some very last minute much needed shots next Saturday. I am still bound and determined to submit an entry, I already know it wont be my best work, but at this point I just want to finish the Marathon, so to speak.

Paul Wood March 25th, 2014 02:30 PM

Well, I managed to capture my footage OK on Saturday, although I fell a bit hampered by a lack of kit (still in the removals!), and have put together a final edit on my laptop.

A bit of a change in subject for me this time, but we'll see how it works!
Ready for the upload! (but I'll probably wait in case I get more inspiration during the week!)

Good luck to all in your efforts!

Trond Saetre March 27th, 2014 05:27 AM

tick...tock...tick...tock... final weekend is coming up and deadline still 4 long days away.
Grab your gear and get your final shots for your spectacular "light"films.

Let's make this one the challenge where everyone submits. Wouldn't that be cool! :)
Good luck, everyone!

Remember to follow rule 11! It is critical important!

Mike Sims March 27th, 2014 01:30 PM

I just uploaded my video. It sure does feel good to avoid the shark tank for the first time in a year. Four days to go and there are already four videos uploaded. This bodes well…
Good-luck, all.

Ralph Gereg March 27th, 2014 06:19 PM

Oh yeah, the pressure and the tension is mounting by the minute....

Finn Yarbrough March 28th, 2014 06:10 PM

Should we make our submitted videos public now, or will Trond do it for us when the judging starts? I'm going to be out on a shoot, so I won't be able to unlock mine right on the deadline.

Paul Wood March 28th, 2014 06:26 PM

Finn,
Normally we set the video as private, then when the deadline comes, log in again and reset it to public.
Shoot a mail to Trond, and Im sure he will help.
Access is restricted to those who submit a video until D day.

Marj Atkins March 29th, 2014 12:11 AM

Hi Trond - do we need a password to post our videos? My film is not ready yet but hopefully will be by the end of the weekend.

Trond Saetre March 29th, 2014 12:55 AM

Finn,
Paul basically answered. At deadline, I'll check to make sure all the videos are made public. So I can do it for you since you are away. No worries.

Marj,
Upload info is sent to your email.

Marj Atkins March 29th, 2014 05:50 AM

Thanks Trond!

Geir Inge March 29th, 2014 12:47 PM

Hi Trond.
Can you please send me the uploading info?
I'm working this weekend, but will be back home late Monday afternoon.
I hope I'll manage to upload my video before midnight though.
Good luck to all of you!

Geir Inge

Gordon Hoffman March 30th, 2014 01:05 AM

Hi Trond
I'd appreciate the upload info to please.
I won't have much of a video but I'll upload something.
Thanks.

Gordon

Trond Saetre March 30th, 2014 01:45 AM

Gordon,
Upload info is sent to your email.

Gordon Hoffman March 30th, 2014 07:47 AM

Got it. Thanks Trond.

Gordon

Andrew Hood March 31st, 2014 07:23 AM

Still finishing a couple of bits on mine. Thought I should find out the upload details to make that happen.

Trond Saetre March 31st, 2014 07:45 AM

Andrew, upload details are sent to your email.

Trond Saetre March 31st, 2014 12:00 PM

If you haven't requested and/or received your upload info yet, shoot me an email through here asap.

Marj Atkins March 31st, 2014 12:44 PM

Hi, I was busy finalizing my video this afternoon, for upload this evening, when our electricity went off. Best estimate is 12 hours for it to be restored - they are repairing a sub-station after attempted cable theft. My movie will unfortunately not be able to be uploaded tonight. Will upload it as soon as possible. Marj

Trond Saetre March 31st, 2014 01:04 PM

No worries, Marj. Upload your video when able.

Geir Inge March 31st, 2014 03:55 PM

I'm rendering now, not finished yet. Soon on vimeo :)

Ralph Gereg March 31st, 2014 04:19 PM

Hi Trond, Please send me the upload details when you have a moment.

Thank you,
Ralph

Bill Thesken March 31st, 2014 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got swamped and couldn't get an entry in. Best wishes to all the rest !

Bryce Comer March 31st, 2014 08:57 PM

Hey Bill,
Looks like i'm in the tank with you!
Looking forward to watching everyone's videos though!
Bryce

Trond Saetre March 31st, 2014 11:42 PM

Ralph, check your email for upload info.
I blame the night over here for the late answer.

Bryce and Bill,
Better luck next time. Be good to the sharks in our world famous Shark tank. :)

Trond Saetre April 1st, 2014 01:22 AM

7 films are uploaded to Vimeo. I have now made these public.
2 films are pending upload and has been granted extended deadline due technical issues, Marj and Ralph.

Links to all entries will be posted in a separate thread as soon as the last two films are uploaded. Hopefully later today.

Everyone, see the judging thread.

Marj Atkins April 1st, 2014 07:39 AM

Thanks Trond. My video is uploading - sloowly.

Took 18 hours to restore the power. The joys of living in Africa.

Ralph Gereg April 1st, 2014 11:48 AM

So, looks like I'm in the shark tank again.... <sigh>. I swore hight and low that I would have a video for this round, and I did until unformseen technical problems have come up with my edit machine :( I hope to have fixed by this weekend and hope to share my non-compete entry for your critiique\'s so at least I can make improvements before the next round and actually be in compliance with the deadline for submission. Right now it looks like my edit pc needs a complete wipe and re-load of all the software.

Trond Saetre April 1st, 2014 11:55 AM

Ralph,
Sorry to hear it didn\'t work out this time. Hope you get your computer up and running again.

Links to the submitted films are now made in a separate thread.
Let the "fun, part 2" begin!