DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   My, a bit anemic this round! But... "why?" ;-) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/531309-my-bit-anemic-round-but-why.html)

Catherine Russell March 3rd, 2016 10:25 AM

My, a bit anemic this round! But... "why?" ;-)

Hi friends!

Why so sparse with comments and encouraging words this time? Andrew, where is your thread so we can share our hearts with your hard effort? All our guys swimming with the sharks this time, anyone able to surface and throw out a comment or two? Where is the vibrancy and chatter of UWOL 36 in UWOL 37?

I feel like I'm in a vast museum that is dark except for a spotlight on a handful of beautiful exhibits. It was a tough theme and the entries are hard-fougt battles of resolve. Anyone out there willing to share your thoughts?

Thanks Bryce, for in-between darting from sharks here and there you've been able to watch them all... on a smartphone tied to your wrist, no doubt! :)

Cheers!

Catherine Russell March 3rd, 2016 04:07 PM

Re: My, a bit anemic this round! But... "why?" ;-)

LOL... Andrew, I hadn't seen your video when I first posted this thread. I didn't know you entered a video explaining why you didn't enter a video this round! 3-D printer? Way cool. Those are hard for me to wrap my mind around how they actually work. O.K. then, you're excused from putting up a feedback thread.

Trond Saetre March 5th, 2016 03:30 PM

Yes, been a little quiet this round. The days should have at least 30 hours!
Been a very busy week for me, but finally I have been able to watch all the entries. A great collection of films! Really cool to see how everyone continues to improve their skills.

Next theme will probably be easier. Or not, who knows, haha. But a challenge it will be.
Remember the uwol challenge is all about challenging yourself to improve your own skills as a filmmaker. This is why the feedback part of the challenge is so important.

I know many more people than just the players, watch our films, and it would be great if at least some of them could be encouraged to give feedback too. Most often it is only those who submit entries who give comments too.
Very few of those who sign up, but don't submit an entry, write comments or votes for the winning films either.

Catherine Russell March 5th, 2016 05:12 PM

Hi Trond:

Wouldn't that be amazing if lots of people from the community at large started commenting and giving feedback?

And also, I've been guilty of that too in that if I wasn't signed up I didn't take the time to give feedback. I'll have to remember to be more supportive if that should happen where I'm not submitting a round.

Fortunately this round has been different and we have seen feedback from Geir, Bryce, Matt and Vishal who didn't submit this time. Ah, maybe a new trend is beginning! :)