DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 43 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/534198-uwol-43-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Trond Saetre July 9th, 2017 02:39 PM

Re: UWOL 43 - Tales of wonders and woes

Interesting concept you describe, Bob! Haven't seen your video yet. Have limited access at the moment, but I will have a look when I can.

How is everyone doing? Found your ideas and you are out filming and having a good fun time, I hope?

Vishal Jadhav July 10th, 2017 08:01 AM

Guess i am going to land in the Shark Tank this time, can i land there earlier so that i can film Sharks and still complete the challenge .
Been off to Africa and now editing the stuff i shot there as deliverables .

lets see its some time left and miracles may happen.

Trond Saetre July 10th, 2017 01:10 PM

Last chance to upload a temporary work-in-progress film today, if you want to take advantage of receiving feedback, tips and ideas for your wild projects.

Trond Saetre July 23rd, 2017 02:08 PM

It's quiet around here. Does that mean everyone is busy filming and editing their wild films? :)

I think my film just turned into a zombie film. I have half an hour footage of lamas. Not one of them bothered to even move a muscle...

Andrew Hood July 24th, 2017 02:54 AM

I've been busy doing lots of not filming. I did venture out today and got a few photos and a short clip of my potential subject - but shaky handheld doesn't do it justice. Need the tripod and longer lens. Will try later in the week to get some footage, and sound will be really important for this one. I also have an alternate idea, but time is running out, and not sure if I can make that happen. Hopefully have some usable footage by the end of the week, so I can edit something together.

Andrew Hood July 29th, 2017 12:58 AM

Well I did get footage. Not perfect, but some better than expected for just a couple of trips - time of year helps and knowing the right location to target. The difficult part is getting close enough to get a good view/shot without scaring the subject away.
Now I need to figure out the narrative, background music (if any) and really bring out the sounds from my little sojourn.

Trond Saetre July 29th, 2017 04:14 PM

Tick tock, tick tock, deadline is coming up in two days.
Remember to request the upload details from uwol@dvinfo.net.

First submission is already uploaded. Hope to see many more.

Have fun! :)

Kevin Railsback July 30th, 2017 08:26 PM

Got my entry uploaded.
Reverting back to my early UWOL style. Wish I could have done something more but haven't shot anything since I've been back from Oklahoma.
Glad I avoided the Shark Tank though!

Bob Safay July 31st, 2017 04:19 AM

Got mine uploaded. I changed my mind three times before finally settling on this idea. Kevin, sorry I missed you at the tall grass prairie. Bob

Trond Saetre August 1st, 2017 05:08 AM

The submitted films will be published within the next couple hours.