DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 50, the results (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/536626-uwol-50-results.html)

Trond Saetre March 11th, 2019 02:33 AM

UWOL 50, the results

For the 50th UWOL challenge, we had 9 submitted entries, including one excluded from the voting.
Only 5 participants submitted votes.

Winning film of the "nature speaks in colors" theme:
Bob Safay - Why does nature speak in colors.

Runner ups:
Mick Jenner - The colour pallet of life and its importance
Phil Murray - The jungle calls to me in colors

Well done, everyone! All who submitted, did a great job and delivered good films!

Next challenge:
Signup opens March 15, 2019
Theme release: April 1, 2019 (don't let the date fool you. The theme will be a serious one.)
This will be a 2-month challenge.

Gordon Hoffman March 11th, 2019 09:36 AM

Re: UWOL 50, the results

Congratulations Bob, Mick and Phil. Well done guys and to everyone who got a video done.
Also a big thank you to Chris and Trond.

Gordon

Phil Murray March 11th, 2019 10:27 AM

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a video because -- at least for me -- it was hard to choose the top 3. To decide my vote, I had to watch each several times which, thankfully, was a pleasure since I learned so much from everyone's work. Special congrats to Bob and Mick who produced exceptional work and deserve special recognition.

It's nearly time to sign up again. Are we going to make the same commitment?

If some of you really spent as little time as you say and still produced such impressive work, I can't wait to see what you can do with two months!

Geir Inge March 11th, 2019 03:21 PM

Congrats Bob, Mick and Phil and to all who submittet a film this round. Great challenge and great videos.

Mick Jenner March 12th, 2019 03:02 AM

Congratulations to Bob and Phil.

Great to see an increase in the number of entries this round, hopefully its an upward trend that continues, well done to all.

Thank you Trond for all your hard work keeping the show on the road and to Chris for hosting us.

Mick

Rob Cantwell March 12th, 2019 09:29 AM

well done to the winner and the runner ups and inded all who participated.

Hopefully I'll get to it next time!

LeRoy Gunderson March 12th, 2019 12:21 PM

Congratulations to everyone. Well done!

Dale Guthormsen March 12th, 2019 01:13 PM

Hello UWOL Friends,,

First congratulations to the winners!

winning and runner up in a Uwol compitition is no mean feat!!!

After the last five years we are at a new Normal and I have got all the gear out of moth balls and I actually have everything working and look forward to participating once again!

I did not compete this round but would it be alright to view the films and comment, or is it to late for that!

Dale

Bob Safay March 12th, 2019 02:50 PM

Thank you everyone. Mick and Phil, great entries. This was a tricky one because we have had so much rain in Atlanta. Unfortunately I was able to go to the Atlanta botanical gardens in that one swing through Merritt island made it home come together. I was happy to see so many wonderful entries this go round. Let’s see if we can top it up on the next challenge. Once again Thank you to everyone that entered and thank you to everyone that enjoyed my video. Bob

Gordon Hoffman March 12th, 2019 04:36 PM

Dale it's good to see you're back! I don't think there is any rules against who or when a person can view and comment on the videos.

Gordon

Paul Mailath March 12th, 2019 11:37 PM

great stuff! - UWOL is looking up, a great selection of films this time and I hope we keep it going.

Trond Saetre March 13th, 2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 1949629)
I did not compete this round but would it be alright to view the films and comment, or is it to late

Welcome back, Dale! Good to hear things are coming back to normal.

Anyone can of course comment/ give feedback at any time! It is never too late. Comments are always most welcome.
(Even the very first UWOL films from 2007, are of course open for feedback)