DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 51 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/536690-uwol-51-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Trond Saetre April 7th, 2019 02:23 AM

UWOL 51 - Tales of wonders and woes

As always, interaction between the players is encouraged.
What goes great, what did not go as planned, and everything in between, about the making of your UWOL 51 films.

Hope all of you have found an idea for your entries. Your imagination is the limit of how you interpret the theme.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.
Have fun, and bring it!

Geir Inge April 8th, 2019 02:24 AM

Re: UWOL 51 - Tales of wonders and woes

1 Attachment(s)
My plan for this round of uwol is to record cranes in Sweden and to record amphibians in Norway.
Did an attempt this weekend, but the toad must have warmer weather before it starts walking towards the spawning area.
First coming Friday I travel to Hornborgasjön in Sweden and the cranes.
Photo is from this weekend shoot and the cranes is a snapshot from webcamera.
Hope everyone is doing fine.

Link to webcamera: Webbkameror.se - Livestreaming med bild och ljus från Trandansen vid Hornborgasjön. Vid Hornborgasjöns sydvästra ände ligger Trandansen. Här har transkådandet varit en folkfest sedan början av 50-talet. trandansen, trandans, tranor, webbkamer

Trond Saetre April 8th, 2019 03:57 AM

Sounds like an interesting plan, Geir Inge.

Gordon Hoffman April 8th, 2019 07:14 AM

Geir Inge you must be able to see into the future. :)

Gordon

Phil Murray April 8th, 2019 07:16 AM

This was an easy one for me (to come up with a plan) as I live in an area where an entire civilization was built on the concept of "sacred geography" or religious harmony with the natural world. People have written huge volumes on this, so I hope I can keep it down to 4 minutes! I see a very unique perspective on the theme every day. I've even got an idea on how to incorporate a unique twist.

If it all works out, I'll be able to combine filming with some spectacular exploring in areas that very, very few people even know about including a few forgotten places that no one knows about. Looks like I'll be pulling out my machete and getting my "Indiana Jones" fix in remote places far from civilization. Keep your fingers crossed as I plan to do some serious exploring. No matter what happens, this is going to be a lot of fun.

Glad we have 2 months for this one as I'm in the US now and won't be home until tomorrow. I was going to bring back my Sony Ex1r, but decided I'll continue working with my Sony AX100 because of its small size. I did purchase a bunch of extra batteries and a tiny tripod to carry when I'm off in the hinterlands! I'm also bringing back a Kessler slider to maybe add some production value along the way.

Geir Inge April 8th, 2019 11:36 AM

As for the cranes' area, this is wetland that has been destroyed, then repaired.
The toads have a dangerous road to the spawning area, almost destroyed by man.
Then I have a third location I'm thinking of, so we'll see how it gets in the end.
Phil Murray, I'm looking forward to your movie.
What you tell makes me curious, your plan sounds very exciting.

Bob Safay April 10th, 2019 03:59 PM

I am in the middle of deciding on getting either the new Canon XF705 or the C200. Probably the XF705 since I have been using my XF300 for the past 7 years. In less than two weeks I leave for a five day trip to the Great Okefenokee swamp in southern Georgia and hopefully try to video some of the remains of old Cyprus logging activities in the swamp. Then in May I am planning a 4000 mile road trip where hopefully I'll find some inspiration. If anyone has any experience with either of these two camcorders please let me know. Bob

Trond Saetre April 30th, 2019 08:09 AM

Halfway through the challenge, and it is really quiet in here.
How's everyone doing? Have you found an idea by now?

Gordon Hoffman May 1st, 2019 06:56 AM

Well Trond an idea came to me one day but that's as far as I got. Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it. Weather has been all over the place lately. May 1st and there is 5 cm or so of snow that fell last night but hey it could be worse!
It has been awful quite here alright.

Gordon

Trond Saetre May 1st, 2019 07:59 AM

Gordon, we have done about the same so far. Got an idea, but the intended locations didn't work out. Have to find another place to film.

Crazy weather over here too. April has been unusually warm and dry. May is beginning with forecasts for snow and cold weather. Can be interesting. Maybe that could be my entry: The battle to bring the nice weather back from hiding.

Rob Cantwell May 1st, 2019 08:44 AM

Still have no idea!!!

:-(

Trond Saetre May 1st, 2019 11:33 AM

Keep it simple, Rob. Sometimes a detail in the backyard can be the story of a film, sometimes only the big picture is enough. Less is often more.

As always, even though you got some guidelines to the theme this round, the themes can be interpreted in many ways. Your imagination is the limit.

Tony McGuire May 1st, 2019 03:39 PM

I have a few ideas and have abit on video but on another location where I was doing a bit of video I had someone phone the Garda/Police/Cops as in I was doing damage to a stone wall which I never even touched and also that take their sheep. I told the them that I was only doing a bit of videoing for a competetion. I was not even in the field where the sheep where. I was standing on the road about 3 mile away from the sheep.

I have a good idea who it was. I did ask the person who owns the field that I was beside could I go in to it and they had no problem at all. Trying to tell the to the one who think they know better is another story. I am hoping to go back this comming week. I also know the person who I think reported me will be away for 2 weeks from next Tuesday which is even better.

getting this next bit for video will be the main key to my video this time around

Trond Saetre May 2nd, 2019 01:36 AM

Tony, that\'s "man versus craziness!"
Hope you get the shots you planned.

Looking forward to see what you all come up with.

Paul Mailath May 2nd, 2019 11:11 PM

I\'ve got a concept and script written out, just trying to work out how to shoot over certain sites that will have security on my tail, maybe I can come up with alternative locations.