DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL57 - Coastal Visit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/537895-uwol57-coastal-visit.html)

LeRoy Gunderson April 6th, 2021 01:28 PM

UWOL57 - Coastal Visit

Always fun to visit the Texas coast. Almost didn't get one done this time. Last minute trip to the gulf gave me a chance to get some footage.

Trond Saetre April 6th, 2021 02:28 PM

Re: UWOL57 - Coastal Visit

Looks like you had a nice visit to the coast.
I like how you first filmed all the birds, and then... finished off with the alligator (or crocodile?). Wouldn't want to have a close encounter with that one.

Nice film! I enjoyed watching.

Geir Inge April 7th, 2021 04:00 AM

Hi LeRoy.
You deliver a great video with a variety of sea and wading birds.
The original Scottish tune "The water is wide", fits perfectly and gives the video a certain vibe.
I am a bird lover and the diversity is overwhelming, especially the white heron that is on the hunt.
If I am to be extra critical, I wish you had the names of the birds.
Then it becomes more informative and you learn what the different birds look like.
But in summary, this is a great video that completely matches what I like to watch on TV.
Thank you for sharing.

LeRoy Gunderson April 7th, 2021 03:46 PM

Thanks for all the kind words. I debated putting the names of the birds and animals using a lower third but in the end I counted myself lucky to have gotten this much done.

Trond--American Alligator---About 12 feet long. It is a semi full time resident of Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center in Port Aransas, Texas. Good eats everywhere you look! :-}

Mick Jenner April 8th, 2021 12:46 PM

Hi LeRoy,

A nice relaxing entry. Enjoyed watching, liked the twist at the end going from small creatures to the giant
alligator.

Thanks for entering

Trond Saetre April 8th, 2021 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeRoy Gunderson (Post 1964447)
Trond--American Alligator---About 12 feet long. It is a semi full time resident of Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center in Port Aransas, Texas. Good eats everywhere you look! :-}

That's a big beast to meet. :)

LeRoy Gunderson April 11th, 2021 07:27 AM

Correction--The alligator is closer to 10 not 12 feet. I'll blame that on on old age!! :-)

Donald McPherson April 11th, 2021 07:58 AM

"Good eats everywhere you look! :-}" It this the alligator's thinking or yours?

LeRoy Gunderson April 13th, 2021 06:18 AM

Might be both!!!

Dale Guthormsen April 30th, 2021 08:39 AM

Just got to to watching the video, "Wow" such nice footage and I loved the rendition of "How Great Thou Art" as its a favorite of mine too!!!

At 1:50 I loved the reflective stilt (if thats what they are?) footage. That is awesome.