DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL 61 - Tales of wonders and woes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/538485-uwol-61-tales-wonders-woes.html)

Trond Saetre January 4th, 2022 04:40 PM

UWOL 61 - Tales of wonders and woes

As always, interaction between the players is encouraged.
The good, the bad, the ugly... What goes great, what did not go as planned, and everything in between, about the making of your UWOL61 films.

Remember the ultimate goal and purpose of UWOL:
To push your own limits, to improve your own skills as film makers.
And of course to have fun at the same time.

Don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions.

Pay special attention to rule 11: Have fun!

Trond Saetre January 4th, 2022 04:45 PM

Re: UWOL 61 - Tales of wonders and woes

Happy new film year! Hope 2022 will be the year when everyone find that new editing skill, the new camera angle, the new creative ideas... and much more.

How is everyone doing? Hope you have found your idea by now, and maybe even filmed a little too.

I have got some shots last weekend, but still need more to get the story I was looking for.

Good luck, all of you!

Phil Murray January 11th, 2022 05:05 PM

Weather and COVID is keeping me from getting out. The rainy season has hit and we have thunderstorms every day making it difficult to go out far when you’re on foot. Got some good ideas, but need a break in the rather to get out. Also, COVID is exploding here so taking public transportation is scary to get out of town.

Still plenty of time, though…

Trond Saetre January 12th, 2022 10:53 AM

Stay safe, Phil! Looks like covid is on the rise everywhere now. We set new daily records every so often.

After I was out filming, winter took a wrong turn somewhere, and fall came back. Wondering how to film the remaining shots of my entry.
An extreme weather system is hitting us today and tomorrow. The weather guys call it an atmospheric river or waterfall. Never experienced that before.

Phil Murray January 14th, 2022 07:51 AM

I heard that term recently ("atmospheric river") on the news from the US, but had never heard it before!

We're up to 31.1% positivity rate of testing here in Cusco and it's rising extremely fast each day. Sadly, we're still doing much better than Texas at (35.6%) where I lived most of my life. Like most places around the world, almost everyone in the hospitals in Peru are unvaccinated.

The weather has finally turned better the past few days, but I'm nervous about getting on public transportation to get out of town as COVID is almost certainly present. Thank goodness I now have three vaccine doses which should keep me relatively safe for awhile.

I hope you and everyone else are staying safe and well during these challenging times.

Jase Tanner January 14th, 2022 11:09 AM

Phil

I think the last thing any of us shoud feel is obliged to film something under these circumstances. For myself, what with COVID, the weather and a 6 week shoot on the horizon with more prep than I had anticipated, I doubt I’ll be submitting. Haven’t given up hope just yet and I do plan on filming for this on the weekend but then there’s reality.

Atmospheric river is a term thats now become common place where I live. Vancouver has had them and nearby has had extreme flooding. On the other hand, about a week ago we had a lot of snow, which had stayed on the ground for at least a week. This is rare for Vancouver, our weather is normally an exception to the typical Canadian winter.

Take care all.

Trond Saetre January 14th, 2022 01:49 PM

You said it, Jase. The most important will always be your health. No need to risk any covid infection just to make a film. There will always be more chances.

I'll try to edit what footage I have during the next week, and see if I can make anything out of it. If not... better luck next time.

Here in Norway the health authorities are talking about a massive covid wave the next couple months. We'll see what happens.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

Mick Jenner January 16th, 2022 10:07 AM

Hi all, rather than write a wonders and woe post thought I would post a video of my update .Enjoy!

Trond Saetre January 16th, 2022 11:44 AM

Nice one, Mick! Good to see you in front of the camera too.

Geir Inge January 17th, 2022 12:56 PM

Hi and a happy new year to you all.

Phil:
I really hope you get the chance to make a video and that covid is soon a thing of the past.

Here at my village, the weather conditions have been changing rapidly.
One day snow and the next day rain and of course storm.
It's difficult to plan video recording, but I think I have a concept that I have to try out.
The theme of my video will be about the details of planning a nature video,
all those things that go wrong and that one forgets to check out.
It's so depressing to be out in the bush and then the battery is empty,
the water drop on the lens that you forgot to wipe away, etc.
Well, in any case, I'll try this angle on my video.

Mick:
Congratulations on a new drone, hope it works well and that you get the hang of it.
I think it will add a whole new dimension to your videos.

Stay safe.

Paul Mailath January 26th, 2022 11:57 PM

well it's certainly a wonder for me - I'm finished! had an idea, forgot about it till a week ago and then scrambled to get something out, but it's done

Paul Mailath January 27th, 2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 1966857)
It's so depressing to be out in the bush and then the battery is empty,

It's really strange for me to hear you call anything in your country 'bush' - for me it conjures up images of heat and dry riverbeds, gum trees & the sound of the crow. I guess every country has it's 'bush' they're just not all the same

Trond Saetre January 31st, 2022 09:52 AM

Tick, tock, tick, tock... Deadline is coming up.
If you plan to submit, but haven't received the upload details yet, shoot me an email at uwol@dvinfo.net

Looking forward to watch the submitted entries. All films will be published tomorrow around noon (European time)

Bob Safay January 31st, 2022 02:01 PM

Well guys, I am taking a swim in the shark tank. January was not one of my best months. I can't wait to see what you guys came up with. I'll be watching. And Mick, I think your concept about learning tp fly the drone will be interesting. I may end up getting one someday. Wishing all of you success.

Mick Jenner January 31st, 2022 04:08 PM

Hi Bob, sorry to disappoint but no drone film this time round, circumstances conspired against me. Have however managed to coble an entry that I uploaded a little earlier today.