DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #1 "Watch the Sky" by Bob Safay (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/84585-uwol-1-watch-sky-bob-safay.html)

Bob Safay January 23rd, 2007 04:48 AM

UWOL #1 "Watch the Sky" by Bob Safay

Thank you for watching and commenting on my short video. It was all shot within 1/2 mile of my house in Atlanta with the Canon XL-2, using 20x and 3x lens. I welcome comments. It was an interesting subject. http://www.uwolchallenge.com/challen...atchthesky.mov Bob

Meryem Ersoz January 23rd, 2007 08:11 AM

you guys get up awfully early! bob, add a direct link to your video in your feedback thread. it will help your viewers...

Randall Allen January 23rd, 2007 08:57 AM

Nice view of the Atlanta sky line. I don't make it into Atlanta very often but I know the storm you taped. Very nicely done I really liked the opening sequence.

Randy

Ruth Happel January 23rd, 2007 11:44 AM

I really liked the inspiring footage of skies, and the storm was amazing. As you say, it is good to just slow down and watch the sky. Thanks for the reminder.

Ruth

Bob Safay January 23rd, 2007 11:52 AM

Ruth, thanks. If it were not for your post on compression I would still be beating my head against the wall. Bob

Per Johan Naesje January 23rd, 2007 12:10 PM

Bob, really nice video, your narrating and score made this to fine moment to watch, you are in my top 5 list!

Gabriel Yeager January 23rd, 2007 01:26 PM

Wow Bob! That was a really cool video! I am putting you into my top 5!

Excellent stuff!
~Gabriel

Rick A. Phillips January 23rd, 2007 02:01 PM

Bob,

I really enjoyed watching your submission. Another creative take on our Living Skies and well narrated and set to music. My niece is in Atlanta...makes me want to come down for a visit! Thanks for sharing.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee

Kevin Railsback January 23rd, 2007 07:23 PM

Bob,

Awesome job man! Great footage, great narration, great score! I think that about sums it up! :)

Cody Lucido January 24th, 2007 06:43 PM

I enjoyed the entire thing. Good use of images and words.

The opening shot looked like it could have used a bit of lens cleaner, though. ;)

Bruce Foreman January 24th, 2007 09:36 PM

Very smoothly done with powerful visuals, music that gently enhanced both the video and the narration.

Editing flowed well and I enjoyed this one. And your voice over narration was exceedingly smooth (looks like I can't use that word enough!)

Bruce Foreman

Bradley L Marlow January 24th, 2007 11:27 PM

Hi Bob

Nice job! Like the others, I really liked your narration. Am assuming that was you, is that right? Great voice and very nice sound design. Can you share what kind of mic and edit/software/filter you used for that? I really liked the sparrow shot with the rain too. Nice transition.

How about giving Bob lots of credit in the credits next time. :)

Best wishes~
Bradley

Bob Safay January 25th, 2007 05:11 AM

Bradley, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I did the narration. Also the shooting, editing and writing. It was shot almost exclusivly in my yard, no shot more that 1/2 mile from my house in Atlanta. For audio I use a Rode NT1-A mic, a PreSonus "TubePre" preamp and edit on Vegas 6. All shot with my Canon XL-2 w/20x and 3x lens. Some shots were with a polarizing filter. And yes I needed to clean the lens (darn it). Next time I will include more credits. Again, thanks. Bob

Brendan Marnell January 26th, 2007 02:16 PM

Great idea, good script well narrated and images to match the philosophy.

Bradley L Marlow January 30th, 2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Safay
Bradley, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I did the narration. Also the shooting, editing and writing. It was shot almost exclusivly in my yard, no shot more that 1/2 mile from my house in Atlanta. For audio I use a Rode NT1-A mic, a PreSonus "TubePre" preamp and edit on Vegas 6. All shot with my Canon XL-2 w/20x and 3x lens. Some shots were with a polarizing filter. Next time I will include more credits. Again, thanks. Bob

See? Need to plaster BOB all over the credits! Thanks for the info on the mics and amp. Well done.

Best wishes~
Bradley