DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #2: "Desert Playground" by Marco Wagner (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/89756-uwol-2-desert-playground-marco-wagner.html)

Marco Wagner March 25th, 2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 647973)
I enjoyd this video. Very nice done and great scenery.

Thank you, we tried our best for the time we had.

Steven Gotz March 25th, 2007 12:07 PM

I just assumed that those shots were taken inside an underwater enclosure. This is, after all, the Under Water Over Land forum, so when I saw a water related shot, I figured the camera was well protected.

I don't know if I am shocked, appalled, or seriously impressed with your bravery.

But, you got the shot, right? That's the important thing!

Marco Wagner March 25th, 2007 03:33 PM

No underwater paq yet, cannot wait to get one of those! It was bravery mixed with determination to get a good shot, even at the cost of soaking my camera.

Kevin Railsback March 25th, 2007 03:51 PM

Marco,

Nice film. Favorite shot was at 1:16. Showing how big the rock formation was by the tiny little person walking on it was awesome. Really shows the scale of it.

You're braver than I am to take a camera out on a lake with no enclosure! :) Shots turned out nice though.

Have to agree about the zooms but other than that a good film!

Marco Wagner March 25th, 2007 08:12 PM

Thanks a bunch Kevin, that is one of my favorite scenes too. Looks like Mars almost.

Dale Guthormsen March 25th, 2007 10:16 PM

Marco,

I watched them all friday night and now finally have some time to respond. I definitely have you in my top four short list!! I grew up in the southwest and very much enjoyed the scenery parts. I had to watch it a couple times!!
Great job.

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 09:54 AM

Thanks Dale!

I really tried to capture the spirit of some things you could do in town or just outside of town. Imagine if I would have been able to get out to some of my wonderfully beautiful spots up north!

Trond Saetre March 26th, 2007 09:58 AM

Marco, I enjoyed your video very much.
It was very nice to see the shots taken from the jetski.

The opening sequence was great. I liked it!
Nice scenery too, would be nice to go there someday.

Maybe you could have shortened the long zooms a little bit, but other than that, I think you did great.

Catherine Russell March 26th, 2007 10:25 AM

Hi Marco:

Great film. Cool beginning. I have a taste for special effects and yours were great. I also thought some transitions were well done, like the one between the waverunner and the airplane... it made it look like the plane was coming out of the water. Nice! I also liked the sillouette of the little boy and father in the rocks.

Thanks for a great watch.

Cat Russell
Spike Productions

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 10:56 AM

Thanks so much Cat!

I love to experiment with effects and transitions, but try not to go overboard (no pun intended). The jetski spray and plane transition is something I was hoping someone would appreciate, :-)

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trond Saetre (Post 648640)
Marco, I enjoyed your video very much.
It was very nice to see the shots taken from the jetski.

The opening sequence was great. I liked it!
Nice scenery too, would be nice to go there someday.

Maybe you could have shortened the long zooms a little bit, but other than that, I think you did great.

Thank you Trond,

You'd love it here in Arizona, just be sure to come in the winter, fall, or spring, LOL!

Trond Saetre March 26th, 2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Wagner (Post 648799)
Thank you Trond,

You'd love it here in Arizona, just be sure to come in the winter, fall, or spring, LOL!

Haha, yeah your winter is probably like a nice summer day up north here in Norway.

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 01:09 PM

Yeah pretty unstable winters, sometimes as low as in the 20s F and as high as 90s F. That is what we saw in the last couple months.

Randall Allen March 31st, 2007 12:46 PM

That was a great look into your area. Not really anything that I can say that the others have not already said.

Thanks

Randy

Marco Wagner April 3rd, 2007 10:55 AM

Thanks Randy, I much appreciate those who appreciate. :-)