DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   UWOL #2: "Reborn" by Geir Inge B. Brekke (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/89765-uwol-2-reborn-geir-inge-b-brekke.html)

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 09:59 AM

I thought the music was well done and the footage had a really unique and great look to it. It was hard to find a lot of recreation though.

Geir Inge March 26th, 2007 10:15 AM

Thank you for comments Chris and Marco.
I don't know if I made it, but it was my intention, in this film, to be a little artistic.
The poems describes what the film is about, and I hope the pictures tells the story. It's between living in the city, surrounded by trafficjam, noice and drain, contrary nature with fresh air. I use mother nature to heal my soul and get lose of the burdens I might carry inside. But I don't show any kind of sport or activity, I'm the observer, so to speak.
"I wish I was another place, to heal my wounded soul", and then we go out to the wilderness.
I made a film B, "Runde", but chose "Reborn" instead. Runde, you can watch on my web-site, under GIBBfilm in the menu. In Runde there is a much more spectacular scenery.

Marco Wagner March 26th, 2007 12:41 PM

It was art, that is for sure, and much appreciated. Whether it fit recreation in the judges eyes is another thing. But I did enjoy the melodic artsy feel.

Catherine Russell March 26th, 2007 03:15 PM

Hello Geir:

Thank you. The poems, the music, the visuals, your excellent poem reading... all mixed together for a wonderful final film. It leaves you with a sense of well-being, of reflection on life with a touch of melancholy.

Nicely Done. It was a joy to watch.

Cat Russell
Spike Productions

Geir Inge March 27th, 2007 09:50 AM

Hi Catherine and thanks for your kind words and comments.
Well, I try my best and I know I was a bit out of task with the theme.
But I like to stretch the borderline, just a little bit longer to see what happens :)
Now I'm working on a project with sea otters and my favorite is Mr Otto, at least I call him that, in a month or so I'll know if he is a she, then I have to rename him to Ottoline, or something like that.
I wish you all the best and see you in Uwol#3.
If you visit my web, I might upload a clip later today from his morning ritual.

Gordon Hoffman March 28th, 2007 07:27 AM

Gier
I liked the laid back feel of your video. Some really nice shots and I thought you put it together nicely with the music.

Gordon Hoffman

Geir Inge March 29th, 2007 02:09 AM

Thank you Gordon for your kind words.

For me, there are two main challenges in UWOL.
First, getting something on tape, beat the weather conditions, fit the theme etc.
Seccond, if I'm to use narration, I do think like a norwegian and have to translate this in to "some kind of english". There are differences in how we use the words/express ouselves and put together the words, into understandable sentences.

What I like the most in this challenge, spread around the globe as we are, is the feeling of getting to know you all, the other compeeters.
Thats the best part of it, even though I've not met anyone of you (yet) I look at you as my friends.

Well, at least thats my opinion.

So know I'm just waiting for nr3 to pop up, giving us a new theme to beat :)

Trond Saetre March 29th, 2007 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geir Inge (Post 650633)
What I like the most in this challenge, spread around the globe as we are, is the feeling of getting to know you all, the other compeeters.
Thats the best part of it, even though I've not met anyone of you (yet) I look at you as my friends.

Absolutely, this is the best part of it! Well said Geir Inge!
Even though we all live in different parts of the world, we share the same interests and can come together and do something like this.

I hope everyone will join the UC3,4,5...!!
You can count me in.

Grant Sherman March 30th, 2007 02:50 AM

Hi Geir,

Great film, I enjoyed the change from city to nature, although your city looks like a nice place. Not too noisy or crowded.

Geir Inge March 30th, 2007 03:11 AM

Thank you Grant.
Well the biggest city in Norway is Oslo with it's 600 000 cityzens.
In Molde lives around 20 000 people, so we don't have those big citys as in USA, or England :) Total population in Norway is 4.6 million.
I live in the countryside, and in Larsnes (my homeplace) lives among 800 people. So we got plenty of room, so to speak.