DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New Indian Highlights! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/139385-new-indian-highlights.html)

Ram Purad December 11th, 2008 05:51 AM

New Indian Highlights!

Hey Guys,

When you get a chance, please check out my new highlights clip from an Indian wedding and give your feedback. The song about a guy falling in love with a girl, incase your wondering about the meaning ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Ram

Priya & Roshan :: The Highlights on Vimeo

Art Varga December 11th, 2008 07:37 AM

Ram - really enjoyed this. Nicely shot and I liked your use of different angles. When you started the voiceover at 1:32 I didn't know it was a clip from the bride speaking at the wedding. I was wondering whether an establishing shot first would help tie it together. Unless, that was the effect you were going for. I shot an Indian wedding last year and loved all the color everywhere. You captured this very nicely.

Art

Ram Purad December 11th, 2008 08:01 AM

Art,

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the clip. Regarding the voice over part, I was also debating which route to take when I was editing that part. Whether to start off with the establishing shot of the bride speaking or bring that shot in the middle. I took the second route because I felt this way the viewer is pulled more towards her voice which is what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks for taking time in watching the clip and giving your feedback.

Ram

Carl Wilky December 11th, 2008 09:25 AM

Ram, very good work, i found the video had a good flow and most of the shots were well composed. Here are a few observation i would like to share with you.

1) the font at the beginning i find doesn't really fit the beautiful shot you took. I would go with something that is less "modern" and more rustic.
2) I would've cut down a bit on the material so it wouldn't exceed 3min in length.
3) The voice over is in great quality but the music seems to be overpowering it and we can't really hear clearly speeches.

I've only done a ONE Indian wedding and i know how much work it is, and 90% of yours are all Indians, so i lift my hat to you Ram.

Thank you for sharing your work and keep'em coming

Kevin Shahinian December 11th, 2008 03:05 PM

Nice! I love Hindu weddings.

Arif Syed December 12th, 2008 12:15 PM

haha, I am using the same song for my current edit.

Michael Steeves December 12th, 2008 12:54 PM

Very nice work.
I would love to tag along to one of your weddings.
I would learn a lot.
Thanks for sharing.
Michael

Karim Amanali December 12th, 2008 07:11 PM

Hey Bud,

Very good Job, loved the song and the flow of the video, keep up the good work :)

Karim.

Ram Purad December 13th, 2008 07:41 AM

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Carl,
You made some good points. Thanks. I will look into them.

Michael,
You are welcome to tag along with us. We could use some help especially when we are doing SDEs.

Karim,
Thanks for listening to the song and approving the lyrics as I don't understand Hindi :-)