DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Bollywood Concept Movie (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/139419-bollywood-concept-movie.html)

Kevin Shahinian December 11th, 2008 03:08 PM

Bollywood Concept Movie

Just thought I'd share with you all a Bollywood Concept Movie we produced for a recent Hindu wedding. Enjoy & thanks for watching!

Neil + Jigna's Bollywood Concept "Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)" on Vimeo

Ethan Cooper December 11th, 2008 03:40 PM

I don't know why, but my favorite part was the bit at the end with the groom decked out like Indian Run DMC.

It had a good look to it all the way around, and I thought the music video lip sync parts really stood out.

Stephen J. Williams December 11th, 2008 04:27 PM

and that was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Alastair Brown December 11th, 2008 05:09 PM

Guys...you NEED to go and check this out. It's in a different league. The amount of planning that must have gone into this is scary to think about.

Yang Wen December 11th, 2008 05:17 PM

Very nice! Seeing all the different locations, I can tell it must have taken a very significant effort!

I detect a hint of Devdas in the opening credit part, No?

One thing I want to point out is that the dialog track in the beginning wasn't centered.. General cinema practice is to always have the dialog track centered, unless there's a good reason to pan it.

Robert Bec December 11th, 2008 06:10 PM

Kevin very well done i haven't seen something done so well for a very long time

How long did the production take to complete

SiuChung Leung December 11th, 2008 07:52 PM

Wow, I am amazed!!!!

I have no idea a wedding video can be so epic~~~~~

Joe Simon December 11th, 2008 08:03 PM

Kevin I saw this the other week and was amazed! Like everyone else is saying - production time must have taken forever! You created a musical short film. Very awesome, super amazing job, keep these things coming.

Joe

Ethan Cooper December 11th, 2008 10:05 PM

Ok, I'll be the first to ask the somewhat tacky question:
What did you get paid for all that planning and polish? I'm not talking about the entire wedding package, just that piece you made as an intro to them coming into the reception.

Monday Isa December 11th, 2008 10:33 PM

Brilliant! Turned out fantastic. My favorite part is the ending rap scene. That was hilarious. Lots of planning and it paid off. How many of these a year do you guys typically do? Thanks for sharing.

Monday

Robert Bec December 11th, 2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 976659)
Ok, I'll be the first to ask the somewhat tacky question:
What did you get paid for all that planning and polish? I'm not talking about the entire wedding package, just that piece you made as an intro to them coming into the reception.

Yes i would also like to know i was waiting for someone to ask :)

Warren Kawamoto December 12th, 2008 12:38 AM

That was absolutely brilliant! That was unlike anything I've ever seen online. Very refreshing and inspiring!

Dave Blackhurst December 12th, 2008 04:02 AM

anyone want to buy some used camera gear...

Seriously, "I am unworthy"...

That simply rocked beyond anything I've seen recently. Riveting. AND entertaining!

Concept was great, locations were awesome (those So Cal desert shots look a bit familiar), look and feel was as big budget as they come, the plot twists had me LOL...

I don't know what the budget was, but the result looks like a million $$$. Hoping it was well into the 5 figures, or it lands you a big movie deal or something!

How big was your crew and how much gear did that production level require... or are you the ultimate "one man band with the handycam"?

Definitely inspiring, and worth the watch!

Karim Amanali December 12th, 2008 08:12 AM

Damn, the link is blocked for me from work....Cant wait to watch this one as I know how hard it is for videographers and even photog to shoot hindu ceremonies....I remember when i was married early this year my family made sure that videog and photog captured every single moement and at times I felt so bad for them but at the end I gave them a very, very generous tip and they were very shocked and happy. Just so you guys know, my wedding went on for 4 days and those guys were there for all 4 days and my family would not leave them alone....lol...It was funny and emabarrasing at the same time but they were great to work with although their style of editing and shooting was very old school.

Jason Robinson December 12th, 2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian (Post 976458)
Just thought I'd share with you all a Bollywood Concept Movie we produced for a recent Hindu wedding. Enjoy & thanks for watching!

Neil + Jigna's Bollywood Concept "Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)" on Vimeo

Wow. Stunning video. I loved it. The rapping scene the friend interrupting the mood on the walk.

The scenes were great. Did you have a jib for those vertical movement scenes? The night time lighting was fantastic.