DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   For review (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/140241-review.html)

Marion Abrams December 24th, 2008 07:50 AM

For review

I've been doing a couple of weddings a year for the last few years and finally decided to take the plunge this year. I am trying to actively develop my wedding business. I created this promo for a local venue as a marketing piece. They will use it to promote their facility and to promote me.

I'm finding it's not a great time to get into this industry, but then things are not great anywhere else either. I find that even brides getting high priced weddings are hesitant to pay a decent price for a wedding video.

I would love feedback on this promo as I am using it to try to build my wedding business.

Video Samples

Thanks!

Marion

John De Rienzo December 24th, 2008 08:18 AM

Hi Marion,

I am sorry, but I struggled to watch the first minute, before turning off. This does not appear to be a promo, but more someones wedding day which has been condensed.

If you are using this as a marketing tool, it needs to grab the attention far quicker and generally be more interesting in my opinion. I don't think anyone here, although they may, will want to watch the 10min or so you have up for review.

What I did not like was the constant vignetting, it was far too much. I cannot really comment much more, suffice to say, it did not work for me.

Cheers.

Marion Abrams December 24th, 2008 08:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback, this is really helpful. How long a promo do you think a future bride expects to watch?

Jason Robinson December 25th, 2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion Abrams (Post 983376)
Thanks for the feedback, this is really helpful. How long a promo do you think a future bride expects to watch?

You had good use of your cams, the pictures were well framed and steady. That shows your several years of practice and refinement. Good work.

If the promo is for a venue or for a business, it should be 2 minutes. Any longer, and the viewer is probably thinking, "ok I got the point"

The pacing was very slow, which could work in a long form, but not in a promo. Promos need to grab the attention, introduce what the service / product is, and then leave with contact info.

You will encounter a pretty heavy "group think" on this forum about what a cinematic wedding video should be. And what it is not, is involving heavy use of flower graphics, overlays, and vignetts. I didn't really like the graphics & effects, but that is my style, very straight forward delivery.

That isn't to say your clients won't like it. They may love it. If you find the clients that like your style and pay you for it, then hang what we have to say and go with what is paying the bills.

Luke Oliver December 26th, 2008 01:15 PM

re

hello, well i have only just done my first trailer, or promo trying to advertise my new business so my comments are not by any means professional

the shots looked well framed, good composition. There seemed to be a lack of punchy color that popped out. And defiantly loose the vignette, or at least make is look less like a peeping tom voyeur in the park. I didn't see masses of movement form the camera, i know its hard, i juts got a merlin for christmas and have been playing with that but form the exceptional ones i have seen on this forum it certainly pays to have some movement ( smooth) with the camera , and can really it bring a piece to life
lastly im not sure if it was your music or theirs but i hate hearing that jack johnson, its got cheese written all over it, but then again i really hate pop music anyway ( cold play is another i really really hate)

i liked the split screen at the end

well done
ive just statred and know its hard to learn,