DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   First "save the date".... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/140381-first-save-date.html)

Stephen J. Williams December 27th, 2008 04:54 PM

First "save the date" broke out the S8 camera.

This was my first time shooting a STD video for anyone... It was shot for some friends that had a pretty good time during the shoot. Which was the important part for me.
I'm breaking into using Super8... I gave the future groom my camera and let him "go to town" with it.... He eventually got into it, and even started calling his own shots.
Let me know what ya'll think.
Steve

Save The Date "Melissa & Frank" on Vimeo

Stephen J. Williams December 27th, 2008 09:58 PM

anyone??? I wanted to wait and hear from some of you guys before showing the B&G... If there is something that doesn't look nice or could look better... please let me know.

Randy Stewart December 28th, 2008 08:08 AM

Stephen,
I liked it. The only part that you may want to change a little is when they are riding on the train and you use some of the footage shot by the guy holding the camera out in front of them. It looks a little dark (might just be the encode for Vimeo). Try brighttening it up a little. Otherwise, think they will love it. Thanks for sharing.
Randy

Vince Lucena December 28th, 2008 10:18 AM

The use of them filming themselves really was a nice touch. The build-up to the chalk board of what was being written was right-on as closure.

An excellent and enjoyable story thanks for sharing.

Stephen J. Williams December 29th, 2008 07:34 AM

Hey guys... Thanks for the feedback. Randy, I agree that the shots towards the end aren't ideal. Hopefully I'll be able to brighten it up somehow in post. I never have much luck though when it comes to that.

Shaun Conner December 29th, 2008 11:16 AM

I liked it. I liked the concept of the guy filming the activities. I haven't done a Save the Date yet but when I do I would like to try and have a semi reenactment of the proposal in there as well as the footage that goes into a STD video.

Stephen J. Williams December 29th, 2008 11:19 AM

I'm a huge fan of STD's.... It's my first one, but it was great to build a report with the future B&G... They had a great time and now I wont be such a stranger when it comes to filming them on their wedding day.
I thought about doing the sme thing with the proposal idea. I think it'll depend on how good of actors the B&G are...

Dennis Murphy December 29th, 2008 01:53 PM

*sniggers at 'STD video'*

Stephen J. Williams December 29th, 2008 03:48 PM

wow good catch... I guess i should watch what I abbreviate in the future :-)

Jason Robinson December 30th, 2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Murphy (Post 985666)
*sniggers at 'STD video'*

yeah I got some interesting google ads when I was emailing back and forth with my clients when in the planning stages and using the "StD" short hand.