DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A Singapore Wedding Highlight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/141244-singapore-wedding-highlight.html)

Sean Seah January 9th, 2009 12:36 PM

A Singapore Wedding Highlight

Been lurking around here for a long time and finally I'm ready to contribute a little something. What you see is a local marrying a Thai, hence the singing is in Thai. The pre torture thingy is a common tradition for the local chinese. I hope it doesnt scare any potential grooms with chinese counterparts :)

Benjamin + Joo SDE on Vimeo

Noel Lising January 9th, 2009 12:46 PM

I love the color, what camera did you use? Any color grading in post?

Ive done Chinese weddings so I know the torture part, what I hated most is the tradition Groom has to fetch Bride by 7:30 am which means you have to be at the Bride's house by 6:00 am.

Jason Robinson January 9th, 2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah (Post 992045)
Been lurking around here for a long time and finally I'm ready to contribute a little something. What you see is a local marrying a Thai, hence the singing is in Thai. The pre torture thingy is a common tradition for the local chinese. I hope it doesnt scare any potential grooms with chinese counterparts :)

Benjamin + Joo SDE on Vimeo

I've got to say, it started out a bit "traditional" so I thought I knew what to expect. And by traditional, I mean traditional for DVInfo, which the entire rest of the world probably thinks is cutting edge. It was a very well put together with crisp chots, multiple cameras. When he had to do all those things, I was laughing. Fantastic video for sure, and especially to be a SDE. Good use of closeups mixed in with the unique "fridge cam." at 1:19 you had a very brief "flying" shot. Was that actually hand held? Sure looked great.

Also interesting to see a wedding that does not take place in a church / or around a "traditional western" ceremony, and how you build the tension and film around those events.

Sean Seah January 9th, 2009 09:59 PM

Yeah it was colour graded an shot with an EX1. Yeah Jason, a lot of weddings do not go to the churches so the highlights are kinda focused on the gatecrash (torture). Without the "traditional" stuff I would prob not have enough to complete a highlight :)

Ricci Ocampos January 10th, 2009 07:12 AM

i like the way you put together this wedding video, out of curiosity may i ask you what video transition did you use especially the sliding transition...thanks and good luck...

Shaun Conner January 12th, 2009 12:09 PM

I liked the piece. What are you using to color grade your clips?

Sean Seah January 13th, 2009 08:29 AM

newbluefx+MB looks

Monday Isa January 13th, 2009 03:00 PM

Hey Sean,
Enjoyable video. Lively fun and upbeat. Great job.

Monday

Alastair Brown January 15th, 2009 01:32 PM

Worked for me, really upbeat and fun!