DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   a wedding film (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/141951-wedding-film.html)

Raphael Jamil Pranga January 20th, 2009 07:46 AM

a wedding film

Hey guys, would like to share one of our latest videos, i shot their prenup in SF when i was there for a wedding shoot days before.

Mayad Studios Blog Archive Ivan and Vivian

to bad the church had a crappy audio mixer hence the noise during the vows :(

anyway, hope you guys like it ^_^

Oleg Kalyan January 20th, 2009 08:34 AM

very well done, nice intro into LA... narration/emotional buildup works perfectly..

Keep doing great work!

Vince Lucena January 20th, 2009 09:07 AM

Enjoyed the lead in shot from the bus to the couple. Also the first fly in shot of the couple near the tree to the sky was awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Noel Lising January 20th, 2009 09:09 AM

I second that, bus to couple was the "Shot" for me. Great work.

Ken Diewert January 20th, 2009 09:43 AM

Very nice Raph,

Can you tell us what gear you were using? It looked like 2 or more cameras at the ceremony and a 35mm adapter on one of them for the pre-ceremony stuff, with one of them on a stabilizer.

Thanks.

Steve Shovlar January 20th, 2009 03:59 PM

Nicely done by you should use a radio mic on the groom. The hiss from that dreadful hand held mic was terrible and killed it stone dead as a spectacle.

Video work excellent, sound poor. I won't comment on the music because its obviously a culture thing. Can't stand that type of music. Sounds like it came from Pearl Harbour after the war was won!

But as I said good video work.

Stephen J. Williams January 20th, 2009 04:58 PM

Awesome work...

Raphael Jamil Pranga January 20th, 2009 05:15 PM

Oleg, Vince, Noel, Stephen, Thank you so much for watching!

Ken, For the ceremony, we used about 3 cameras (it's obvious with the kiss shot) one FX1000 and two FX1s. Wedding details were shot with a HV30 on Letus 35 mini canon mount 100mm 2.8 macro.

Steve, thanks for the honest opinion. We've been arguing about that waaay before about
placing a mic with the groom. Will try it once we get our second set of mics. ^_^

Carl Wilky January 21st, 2009 11:18 AM

Raphael!!! My friend, that was a breath of fresh air. I, also like the lead to the couple and the voice over segment was well orchestrated

I really liked the intro with the snow globe and the actual music from it. The only suggestion i would have during this part would be to add the couples name come up like a movie trailer type effect... blurring text or fade and pan type of look.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Coming to visit the Philippines in Sept. 2010, whiling to assist on a shoot for a night out on the town. ;)

Stephen J. Williams January 21st, 2009 04:52 PM

Raphael...

Just want to let you know that I must have watched your video another 8 or 10 times... Everything that you pulled off is the exact "look" that I strive for. I'm far from it, but hopefully one day I'll reach my goal... I watched every shot over and over trying to take mental notes... Once again, I appreciate you sharing your video.

Oren Arieli January 21st, 2009 07:05 PM

Beautiful shooting and editing. Well put together. Bummer about the audio, have you tried cleaning it up with software noise reduction? The hiss should be pretty easy to remove (in between phrases). Kudos!

Lukas Siewior January 21st, 2009 09:25 PM

Major props, Raphael !!! Just try to clean up that noise - cut between words and lower the volume... try anything.

Raphael Jamil Pranga January 22nd, 2009 06:31 PM

Carl, you're coming here for vacation? Sure man! Would love to tour your around. Just shoot us an email! ^_^

Stephen, thanks again!

Oren, Yeah, we didn't anticipate that, we shot weddings in that same church even before but that's the first time this happened. Bummer!

Lukas, will try to do that during editing of the full length. Thanks!

Carl Wilky January 23rd, 2009 11:11 PM

Raphael don't tease me now! We are going for vacation and visit family.

How far are you from Makati and how close are you to the beach? lol

Raphael Jamil Pranga January 25th, 2009 07:15 PM

Hey Carl!

We're still looking for a good location near makati actually since we're not yet based in Manila. But let's see when the date's near... ^_^