DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Highlight Video for Wedding Show (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/144605-highlight-video-wedding-show.html)

Matt Trubac February 25th, 2009 12:35 PM

Highlight Video for Wedding Show

I put together this highlight promo for a wedding show last weekend. I pulled shots from my 2008 weddings that took place at the show venue. It drew a lot of attention from not only the brides, but also other vendors.

Comments and criticism are encouraged. Enjoy!

TruVision Studios -@- English Inn [2008] on Vimeo

Tom Alexander February 25th, 2009 07:45 PM

Wow, very nice. I'd hire you......

Jason Robinson February 26th, 2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Trubac (Post 1018291)
I put together this highlight promo for a wedding show last weekend. I pulled shots from my 2008 weddings that took place at the show venue. It drew a lot of attention from not only the brides, but also other vendors.

Comments and criticism are encouraged. Enjoy!

TruVision Studios -@- English Inn [2008] on Vimeo

Very crisp visuals! I'll provide a runnign comentary as I watch....

first thing is the soundtrack seems very hot compared to the audio voice over of the bride's vows at the very begning. May be bump the music down 10dB so her words stand out more? It sounds like you bumped it down 3-5 but for my tastes, her voice didnt' stick out enough.

at 1:53 when the groom's vows are played his voice stands out more (ie I think it is better). Either the soundtrack was reduced more, or he was louder, or something. I like the sound of his section better. I'd still bump the soundtrack down a bit more.

Some shots have a yellow cast and others don't, either because of WB or because of shooting into / away from the sunset. I don't know if there is a good way to solve this issue because I have fought with it myself. That seems to be the nature of outdoor multi-cam events.

Some of the compilation shots around 2:40 had different contrasts & saturations either because they were shot with different cams or under different lighting. I might be tempted to spend a little time in post to try and even out the shots so when you cut to one it has the same good colors as the previous shot.

Great reveals, gliding, and closeups. Overall great skills assembling a complete portrait of the wedding location!

One nitpick is I did notice that you almost always glided from left to right (that is the nature of right handed steadicam/glidecam work. It is hard to go Right to left, but try mixing up your glide angles so the viewer isnt' always spinning counter-clockwise around the subjects.

Overall a fantastic reel you have there! If I wasn't already married you would be on my list of videographers!

Andrew McWeeny February 26th, 2009 07:33 AM

Nice job! Very, very smooth. What did you use to fly the camera?

Aaron Mayberry February 26th, 2009 02:01 PM

Very crisp image! What kind of camera do you use?

Matt Trubac February 26th, 2009 10:15 PM

Thanks for watching.

Cameras used were the Canon XH-A1, and there is one shot in there from the HV20.

2 of the 3 weddings featured in this piece were done on the Steadicam Merlin with arm and vest. The third was done with a Steadicam Pilot. I traded up about half way through the season. The Merlin is a great tool, but has limitations, and I find the Pilot is much more enjoyable to work with.

The venue is great, but I always find the lighting is unique. There are a lot of trees around, and I think the coloring of the light is affected by a combination of filtering through leaves, and angle of the sun from both time of day and year. The corrections I was able to do were minimal, I worked on this the night before the show and finished it up around 4 am. The hall wants a copy, so I will try to give it another look color wise.