DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   "LA Passion", concept love story (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/146765-la-passion-concept-love-story.html)

Oleg Kalyan March 27th, 2009 11:06 AM

"LA Passion", concept love story

On my blog, (If you'd be so kind to comment it, most of my blog in Russian, but I make it more international, besides, Eglish language is more sexy than Russian :)
???? ?????? - ????. - "L.A. Passion", Anne Barge wedding dress, Brian&Ina love story

just had a rough cut on it, please let me know what you think!
Google maps are our friends!

It's a mixed piece, video and photographs, some are taken with a film Contax G2 camera. Shot it in LA at the end of January,

L.A. Passion Love Story of Brian&Ina By Oleg Kalyan On ExposureRoom

Luis Rolo March 27th, 2009 11:54 AM

Loved the pace.
Don't know if it was just me, but sometimes I was expecting Horatio Caine to apear behind them :)

L.R.

Luis Rolo March 27th, 2009 11:55 AM

BTW, you have to open the comments in your blog to people without livejournal accounts.

Steve Slattery March 27th, 2009 11:56 AM

Loved it but not keen on the feeding thing at the end. Editing was very cool, must have taken you an age to edit!

Steve

Jason Robinson March 28th, 2009 01:25 AM

Ill echo the "amazing edit" comment. the "sky" cam footage was fantastic. where did you get those shots?

I'm sure the couple will love that edit. Very modern. Very sleek.

Oleg Kalyan March 28th, 2009 02:07 AM

Thanks guys, glad you liked it..
I know it was a little play from their side with the finger and feeding :)

I think I made it work on Live Journal, Louis let me know if it works,
just started a blog, plan to make it also in English..

Cheers!

Randy Stewart March 28th, 2009 04:57 AM

Wow! Georgous and very sexy. Loved the shot compositions, editing, timing, sound effects, and music. Really shows the couple off well. Their "passion" for each other flows through. Very creative using the cars...seemed like they were dancing. Superb piece. Thanks for sharing.
Randy

Luis Rolo March 28th, 2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 1034906)
Thanks guys, glad you liked it..
I know it was a little play from their side with the finger and feeding :)

I think I made it work on Live Journal, Louis let me know if it works,
just started a blog, plan to make it also in English..

Cheers!

I tried as "anonymous" and it worked. But maybe you should approve that kind of comments first.
Don't livejournal have that kind of feature?

Oleg Kalyan March 29th, 2009 01:28 PM

Randy, appreciate, really nice of you!

Louis, thanks for comments on the blog, do you have a blog?

Tell me guys here I mixed things up, some photos go with video, does it make sense?
Also photos look a bit different, do you think I have to make them more look like video?

Thanks again!

Luis Rolo March 29th, 2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 1035520)
Louis, thanks for comments on the blog, do you have a blog?

Yes Oleg. Luís Rolo - BLOG

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan (Post 1035520)
Tell me guys here I mixed things up, some photos go with video, does it make sense?
Also photos look a bit different, do you think I have to make them more look like video?

I also like to mix photos with videos. Doesen't work everytime, but, when it does, it's very cool.
And I don't care if they look different. It's like when somebody mix Super8 with video. It's different, and it should be that way.

L.R.

Vito DeFilippo March 29th, 2009 06:41 PM

Oleg, that was great. I actually found the eating bit at the end fun. Didn't bother me at all. And I thought you did a great job with incorporating the photos.

The sound mix was amazing. That must have taken forever...

David Mathew Bonner March 31st, 2009 12:18 AM

Hi Oleg,

That was amazing, you have some killer skills and a great mind,
I never heard of you before as I have been staying low, keeping to myself a lot over the last couple years and minding my own buisness.

I will check out more of you work when I can

best of luck

dMb

Oleg Kalyan March 31st, 2009 12:34 AM

Thank you Guys,
really nice of to give feedback, words of encouragement inspire to do more, create new interesting forms around wedding theme.

Try to my best not to copy anybody, or myself... see what happens :)

The edit took like 3 days, including converting, editing, CC, mixing music, sounds...
while shooting around 2 hours total time LAPD police was involved, we almost got a
violation ticket in Downtown LA : )

Cheers!

John De Rienzo April 2nd, 2009 05:52 AM

Hi Oleg,

This for me has got to be the best clip I have seen in a long, long time! It's absolutely stunning. Everything from the editing, colour, storytelling. Fantastic.

Love this style.

Cheers.

Oleg Kalyan April 3rd, 2009 03:09 PM

John, thank you very much!
Words of encouragement matter a lot,
will do my best conceptually to show different cities of the
world in context of people love stories.