DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Dmb highlights - viewer discretion advised (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/234080-dmb-highlights-viewer-discretion-advised.html)

David Mathew Bonner April 26th, 2009 02:24 PM

Dmb highlights - viewer discretion advised

WARNING - THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LYRICS AND SCENES OF VIOLENCE - VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
but it's still just another dmb wedding video!
enjoy

Damn, It Feels Good To Be A Gangster By David Mathew Bonner On ExposureRoom

Aaron J. Yates April 26th, 2009 05:19 PM

It definitely takes a certain kind of couple to appreciate a video like that, but the good news is this looked like a group that would have loved it! I have some friends that act just like that, and it made me smile to watch your video. Nice work.

Terry Esslinger April 26th, 2009 06:15 PM

I would like to see them try to explain this video to their kids - if they ever have a chance to have any!

PS Thanks for the warning.

David Schuurman April 26th, 2009 06:18 PM

are you doing a vid for the groom and a vid for the bride? because I felt like she wasn't in it very much, and typically all this is done for the bride anyway.

I liked the evening B&W shots.

David Mathew Bonner April 26th, 2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron J. Yates (Post 1133596)
It definitely takes a certain kind of couple to appreciate a video like that, but the good news is this looked like a group that would have loved it! I have some friends that act just like that, and it made me smile to watch your video. Nice work.

Thanks,
groom loved it.He is very happy.

David Mathew Bonner April 26th, 2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Schuurman (Post 1133614)
are you doing a vid for the groom and a vid for the bride? because I felt like she wasn't in it very much, and typically all this is done for the bride anyway.

I liked the evening B&W shots.

this is an easter egg. when they came by to check it out last week, he joked and said there wasnt enough gangter rap in the video (it had none and he likes his rap..NWA, Snoop, 2 pac) so I made this for him... he loves it.

here is the normal photo session of the video -

You and Me By David Mathew Bonner On ExposureRoom

David Mathew Bonner April 26th, 2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger (Post 1133613)
I would like to see them try to explain this video to their kids - if they ever have a chance to have any!

PS Thanks for the warning.

why would it be dificult to explain to the kids?

Stephen J. Williams April 26th, 2009 08:59 PM

David...

Awesome video... I like the order of the events... I was wondering just the other day how to pull it off by jumping out of order. You pulled it off nicely.

Steve

David Mathew Bonner April 27th, 2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1133664)
David...

Awesome video... I like the order of the events... I was wondering just the other day how to pull it off by jumping out of order. You pulled it off nicely.

Steve

I have more like this cept, with tamer music if you want to see and get some ideas,
most of my wedding videos are gone, but some are still on the server, send me an email if you want
david at dmbvp dot com

Dawn Brennan April 27th, 2009 05:45 AM

Just when I thought I had seen it all...

Loved it. Fun video... and very fitting for those guys. I was a little nervous about "down the road" but I think this shows who this guy is now so who cares about down the road? I do thank you for the warning as my kids usually love to watch the videos along side me. I love how you are always thinking outside the box and I know its not often, but I look forward to seeing your name pop up here and there to show us something new and different!

David Mathew Bonner April 27th, 2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn Brennan (Post 1133800)
Just when I thought I had seen it all...

Loved it. Fun video... and very fitting for those guys. I was a little nervous about "down the road" but I think this shows who this guy is now so who cares about down the road? I do thank you for the warning as my kids usually love to watch the videos along side me. I love how you are always thinking outside the box and I know its not often, but I look forward to seeing your name pop up here and there to show us something new and different!

Thanks Dawn :) I appreciate it.
also...it is an easter egg and to see it, you need to know how to find it on the disc so only those they want to see it, will see it and I am sure in 20 years it will be as fun for them to watch as it is now.
take care

Stephen J. Williams April 27th, 2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mathew Bonner (Post 1133755)
I have more like this cept, with tamer music if you want to see and get some ideas,
most of my wedding videos are gone, but some are still on the server, send me an email if you want
david at dmbvp dot com

Thanks man... I appreciate it... I sent you an email

Terry Taravella April 30th, 2009 05:57 PM

CLASSIC DMB!

Julian and I are cracking up watching it.

Did any of those guys have "man" problems afterwards? :*

Jason Robinson April 30th, 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mathew Bonner (Post 1133515)
WARNING - THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LYRICS AND SCENES OF VIOLENCE - VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
but it's still just another dmb wedding video!
enjoy

Damn, It Feels Good To Be A Gangster By David Mathew Bonner On ExposureRoom

looked like a great crowd. I am finally getting clients where the groom is involved and video is almost the only thing the groom cares about! I guess that is the one benefit we have for our service.

Note about the video, I would have loved to hear some of the goofing around audio instead of just music video.

Joe Allen Rosenberger April 30th, 2009 08:07 PM

david, that was bad a$$! loved the b&w too. awesome song. freakin cool.

David Mathew Bonner May 2nd, 2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Taravella (Post 1135700)
CLASSIC DMB!

Julian and I are cracking up watching it.

Did any of those guys have "man" problems afterwards? :*

umm, not sure if any of them will have kids for a while :)

David Mathew Bonner May 2nd, 2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 1135731)
looked like a great crowd. I am finally getting clients where the groom is involved and video is almost the only thing the groom cares about! I guess that is the one benefit we have for our service.

Note about the video, I would have loved to hear some of the goofing around audio instead of just music video.

Thanks Jason,
...there is another easter egg on the dvd that has just the goofing/talking. For this piece it was strictly for the song.

David Mathew Bonner May 2nd, 2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Allen Rosenberger (Post 1135750)
david, that was bad a$$! loved the b&w too. awesome song. freakin cool.

Thanks Joe, it was also freaking theraputical and got me out of my comfort zone again :)
In the past, when I got bored I would sometimes loosely edit to a song I would never use just to get the juices going. It was nice to edit to a song that I would never consider using and USE IT :) and to make it work on so many levels...

its funny, I went from this edit to doing a news story on the wizard of oz...talk about extremes :)

Douglas Thigpen May 3rd, 2009 09:17 AM

Definiately a groom video.

If they love it, more power to you, great job. Definitely broke out of the norm.

Ethan Cooper May 4th, 2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mathew Bonner (Post 1136494)
Thanks Joe, it was also freaking theraputical and got me out of my comfort zone again :)

Wait, DMB has a comfort zone? Your work is consistently the most whacked out wedding stuff I've ever seen and you're telling me you have a comfort zone? That completely shatters my preconception of you.

As always, I love the fact that you're willing to do something different. I may never do it myself, and it may not always be the best stuff out there but darn it, at least it's something different and more than likely something I've never dreamed of myself.

I've always had a special place in my heart for people who zig when everyone else zags.

David Mathew Bonner May 4th, 2009 08:37 PM

lol Ha, yes. We all get comfortable within our own boxes :)

but thanks Ethan, I just try to entertain myself and hope my clients like it.

Charles Papert May 5th, 2009 06:18 PM

As the guy who wielded the camera for the sequence in "Office Space" that made this track famous--congrats on a fun video!

David Mathew Bonner May 6th, 2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1138210)
As the guy who wielded the camera for the sequence in "Office Space" that made this track famous--congrats on a fun video!

thanks Charles, office space is one of my favorites, I even have the poster in my office "work sucks" to keep me focused :)
Thanks for watching. Your imdb is really impressive. I love scrubs.

Charles Papert May 6th, 2009 02:56 AM

Thanks David, but tonight I remembered that the Gangster song plays in a different part of the movie than I referred to (still shot that part)!

"Scrubs" was a fun couple of years for me.

David Mathew Bonner May 9th, 2009 11:33 PM

yeah, it's in the trafic scene with the squeegee guys, great scene.
Btw, your demo reel is sweet. You have been a part of some great films.
How on earth did you stumble onto a wedding video !?!

Me and my wife are sad that Scrubs ended.
Thanks again

david

Charles Papert May 10th, 2009 01:17 AM

Ah grasshopper, DVInfo.net wranglers are all-seeing and all-knowing (and your viewer discretion advisory did not go unnoticed)!

The last episode was indeed bittersweet. I haven't been around there for a few years but the behind-the-scenes stuff at the end took me right back. It would have been fun to reprise my cameo as "befuddled MRI tech" in that hallway full of people!

David Mathew Bonner May 10th, 2009 02:04 AM

ha, nice
I remember that one kinda. JD falls for her without seein her face and gets worried about what she might look like or something?

Jason Robinson May 12th, 2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1140623)
Ah grasshopper, DVInfo.net wranglers are all-seeing and all-knowing (and your viewer discretion advisory did not go unnoticed)!

The last episode was indeed bittersweet. I haven't been around there for a few years but the behind-the-scenes stuff at the end took me right back. It would have been fun to reprise my cameo as "befuddled MRI tech" in that hallway full of people!

heh, the advisory probably got the thread even more views!

David Mathew Bonner May 20th, 2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 1142218)
heh, the advisory probably got the thread even more views!

yeah, like a carwreck makes people slow down and look,
so does an 'advisory'
:)

Juan Todoli May 22nd, 2009 11:10 AM

Fun & makes smile.

Very much appreciate within a most of serious & dramatic classic wedding brushtrokes.

(Curious token used this guys! Really prefer a classic hand shake!).

David Mathew Bonner May 23rd, 2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Todoli (Post 1146877)
Fun & makes smile.

Very much appreciate within a most of serious & dramatic classic wedding brushtrokes.

(Curious token used this guys! Really prefer a classic hand shake!).

Thanks
and yes, it's a canadian thing, in fact, if you ever see someone from canada it would be rude not to greet them that way.

Juan Todoli May 23rd, 2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Mathew Bonner (Post 1147151)
...it's a canadian thing, in fact, if you ever see someone from canada it would be rude not to greet them that way.

I'll meditate this piece of advice.

David Mathew Bonner January 25th, 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1140623)

Are you working on the new scrubs? I just cant get into it :(

Charles Papert January 25th, 2010 06:08 PM

no sir. Haven't been around the Scrubs scene for a number of years now.

I saw a little bit of the new one, didn't have much of a feeling about it one way or another I guess.