DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New Highlight Clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/234180-new-highlight-clip.html)

Niall Megahey April 27th, 2009 10:18 PM

New Highlight Clip

Just a new clip to share.. aways appreciate any feedback.. shot with a Sony Z1 and a Merlin. MB looks used.

Cheers

Marguerite & Xavier on Vimeo

Oren Arieli April 27th, 2009 11:09 PM

Gotta love that Merlin. Great shallow DOF shots, what are you using? You nailed some beautiful shots there. Coloring looks good too. Kudos.

David Schuurman April 28th, 2009 12:23 AM

Hey Niall,

I really enjoyed that piece! Lots of movement and some nice steadicam moves.

I quite liked when the closeup of the holding hands cuts to her father and her holding hands in the car. I would've liked to see more matching cutaways to tighter/wider shots of the same thing.

But that's just me and what I would've liked! This is much better work than I've ever done and so my hat goes off to you.

Niall Megahey April 28th, 2009 04:07 AM

Hay guys thanks so much.. yeah really happy with this compared to other stuff ive done.

Oren i just used a Sony Z1 with the stock lens. lots of zooming in to get the DOF, i also used the edge softness tool in MB.

David, Cheers for the comments.. Yeah i agree with you on matching cutaways like the shot in the car..gotta do more of them!

I also used a Glidetrack on this which is a rockin bit of kit!

Thanks again guys :)

Richard Wakefield April 28th, 2009 04:17 AM

hi Niall,

I really liked that!!

just seemed to be the perfect amount of shooting styles (gliding, static etc), and excellent subtle colouring

so ur shooting with a Z1, but what are you editing with if you don't mind me asking?

cheers

Niall Megahey April 28th, 2009 08:19 AM

Hi Richard, first off i love your vids! Thanks for the comment. im using sony vegas 8 to edit, i capture and edit in hdv. im gonna buy a blueray burner soon and see how i get on..

Richard Wakefield April 28th, 2009 08:31 AM

cheers N, i'll certainly be looking out for your stuff too.... u've def. got a good eye, and great use of the equipment. (cool to hear you have a glidetrack too)

i hope you don't mind me pointing out you spelt 'steadicam' incorrectly on your site...and 'manner' has a capital M on your homepage. SORRY, ignore me now!

also, am i right in saying you just shoot without a 2nd camera? will you change, or are you comfortable like that?

Niall Megahey April 28th, 2009 09:44 AM

Well spotted Richard bout the site, better give my web guy a call.. Cheers for that.
I do have a Canon hv30 that i use as a second cam for the church..(not easy to match up with the Z1 i found out) I also have a Simi fisheye that I stick on it to get church shots etc. I could never do a single cam shoot in a church again, its just so much easier to edit and looks so much more professional as you know.. How meny do you use? is it 3?

Richard Wakefield April 28th, 2009 10:42 AM

no worries :)

i went the same route with a smaller 2nd cam (GS500) for a while too (with a FX1), but got fed up colour-matching too

but now i have 2 x XH-A1

my wishlist includes another XH-A1 or EX1...one thing at a time though eh!...ordered the 5dmk2 yesterday, ye-ouch! watch out for a letus extreme on ebay v.soon!

anyway, back to your thread :)

Niall Megahey April 28th, 2009 10:57 AM

a 5d!!! not is just not fair.. god i need more money for toys :)