DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   E session + save the date (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/235208-e-session-save-date.html)

Don Pham May 12th, 2009 12:49 PM

E session + save the date

this was produced with the 5d

t1pblog Blog Archive E Session & Save The Date

Buba Kastorski May 12th, 2009 02:37 PM

Great production, nice and clean, what surprises me the most, no
Shaky footage, and the picture is really great

Noel Lising May 12th, 2009 02:45 PM

I love it. How the heck did you get the shot through the wind shield? Did you mount the camera. Great work.

Susanto Widjaja May 12th, 2009 06:37 PM

that just made my letus look like a $200 investment now.. wow... do you mind sharing the lenses you used?

well done... very very good images indeed...

I knew I should've bought the 5D.. DARN! lol...

Santo

Travis Cossel May 12th, 2009 06:57 PM

Beautiful. Gorgeous footage. Very well done. Some great compositions and solid editing.

One thing that did get to me, though, was that the video started off with such a great sense of direction and purpose, but the ending didn't quite follow up on that. In other words, the video started out like it had a defined plot and so I was prepped for an 'ending', but there wasn't really an ending .. if that makes sense. This is a minor gripe considering the production value of what you produced, but I just felt like I stepped into a story that didn't have an end. I hope that makes sense.

Susanto Widjaja May 12th, 2009 07:59 PM

spot on travis, I think you're right. It started out as a full-on film introduction with a story but at the end it only shows "happy and romantic" montage of the couple. Although I sort of forgot about it when watching it because I was drawn into the technicalities of the piece :P

I guess that would apply to general audience too, they would love seeing the beautiful images and wouldn't care so much about anything else.

Santo

Don Pham May 15th, 2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel Lising (Post 1142027)
I love it. How the heck did you get the shot through the wind shield? Did you mount the camera. Great work.

thanks noel. i mounted the camera on the hood to get the shot thru the windshield.

Don Pham May 15th, 2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1142133)
that just made my letus look like a $200 investment now.. wow... do you mind sharing the lenses you used?

well done... very very good images indeed...

I knew I should've bought the 5D.. DARN! lol...

Santo

thanks santo. lenses were 20-70 2.8 L & 70-200 2.8 L

Don Pham May 15th, 2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1142144)
Beautiful. Gorgeous footage. Very well done. Some great compositions and solid editing.

One thing that did get to me, though, was that the video started off with such a great sense of direction and purpose, but the ending didn't quite follow up on that. In other words, the video started out like it had a defined plot and so I was prepped for an 'ending', but there wasn't really an ending .. if that makes sense. This is a minor gripe considering the production value of what you produced, but I just felt like I stepped into a story that didn't have an end. I hope that makes sense.

thanks for watching travis. you are absolutly right...no storyline. i will try to make it better next time.