DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New wedding video for review. Let me know what you guys think! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/235233-new-wedding-video-review-let-me-know-what-you-guys-think.html)

David Sager May 12th, 2009 06:21 PM

New wedding video for review. Let me know what you guys think!

Hey all,

As always, I totally respect and appreciate all your guys feedback on the wedding videos that I produce. This is my most recently edited wedding video and would really like to hear your guys thoughts and comments.

The wedding of Heather and Eric Trine on Vimeo

Look forward to hearing from you all....

David

Ryan Morey May 12th, 2009 07:01 PM

that was bad a$$ Dave....I really liked the music and the transitions.You are the artist,but I had one question......why didn't you use any audio from the ceremony? I love it either way.I'm just wondering if your clients wanted it that way or maybe you have another edit with audio.Awesome stuff!!!

Ryan:)

Tommy Simonsson May 13th, 2009 01:37 AM

To shaky to mutch moving around

The video was god but, try to use some tripod or steadycam who is a must when you are filming in HD
and don't move around so mutch let the picture speek for itself, your mission is to cach the atmosphere not to show as mutch as you can.
Video it not how mutch you are working it's what you can produce of feeling.
Hope you understand what I try to say.
Regards
Tommy

Stelios Christofides May 13th, 2009 05:25 AM

David the video was good but it could have been much better if you used a tripod or a shoulder support or something as Tommy also suggested.
By the way what settings did you use to export your video to fit all of the vimeo window 16:9?

Stelios

Ryan Morey May 13th, 2009 05:52 AM

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought that Dave was going for that shaky run and gun look.That's what I liked about it.It was reminiscent of super8 to me. I liked it...but that's just my opinion.

Ryan Morey May 13th, 2009 05:56 AM

is there any chance you could share the music that you used Dave?

I just watched it again and.........yup I still love it:)

Brendan Donohue May 13th, 2009 08:17 AM

I like it, I agree as well about the lack of stabilization in some shots, but it also gives it it's own character, especially in combination with the film burns!! (yeah I'm a sucker for film burns) you may have overused them a bit, but still cool.

Was this the final product you delivered to your client, or did you get them the full ceremony footage and reception footage??

~brendan

Philip Howells May 13th, 2009 10:05 AM

I'm always circumspect about criticising another's work - mainly because the ultimate judge is the client and if they paid then it was right - regardless of what anyone else thinks. So with that codicil:

I liked the feel and the pace, I liked the burnt film effect - a little, I liked much of the lighting, I liked the overall structure, I would have been tempted to make it more romantic but maybe the client disliked cheesy.

I disliked in a big way the lack of editing to the music - the pictures and the music often seemed to be two different but simultaneous elements - this sort of programme demands that they meld into one; off-axis camera angles have to relate to something eg the sweep of candles on the altar - just tilting the camera for something to do creates nothing, and I would definitely have put in sync sound from the key moments, eg the vows, the promises, the rings.

I disliked these things that just bugged me a little: the over-use of effects, shots were very samey - I'd have liked more variation, LS, BCU etc, wobbly cam doesn't mean shaky-cam - some stabilisation would have enabled you to have some longer edits.

Just my views.

Asvaldur Kristjansson May 13th, 2009 03:40 PM

This video was I think intended to simulate SUPER8mm film in some way. It was a bit unstable for my taste and the use of the burn in effect lasted too long each time it was used. In the old days of SUPER8 there would be occationally a burned frame and scratches.

There where some nice shoots there but it could have been done in a more compressed time as I felt it a bit too long.

It is a matter of taste what music the client like but I usually pick a sutable music that matches the final edited and have had no complaints. The music here was unusual and perhaps not that everyone will like. Did the BG give you some guidlines of the style or music type?